IBS and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by insanelady, May 9, 2006.

1. insanelady

insanelady New Member

I am just now getting over a major flareup of my IBS. I was so swollen it interfered with my breathing. What caused this problem so the doc says is I ran out of Zelnorm and my docs appt. was three weeks away so instead of going to the walkin clinic I decided to wait. Let me tell you never do that. I spent 4 days on jello, applejuice, pediolyte, white rice, popscicles, crackers. Yuk!!!!! My doc says never never run out of zelnorm.

have any of you had that experience or one where your IBS ran amuck. I would be interested in knowing.

Rosie
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Mine did this weekend, but I ate the wrong foods: rocky road ice cream and later watermelon on an empty stomach. Spent 4 hours near death. Won't be doing that again. Sometimes my nerves cause it to happen.
  3. millennia

millennia New Member

Anytime I get stressed (Good thing that doesn't happen often), my IBS goes crazy. I feel like someones punching me in the stomach and I just have to spend the day (or days) near the bathroom. Grrr, it's not bad enough I'm in pain all the time, I need these other side conditions going on too. Gotta love the fibro!
  4. misiongirl

misiongirl New Member

I feel your pain!
    I hate the IBS even more then the Fibro.I asking about Zelnorm next time I see the Dr.Im just comming off a week long attack, yoghurt, water.hot tea, FUN FUN FUN!!!

It just never ends but you have to have faith.

Michelle