IBS BAD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AMANDNEMEC, Jul 8, 2006.

1. AMANDNEMEC

AMANDNEMEC New Member

I suffer from ibs with badbadbad dirrehea.I was recently put on Lotronex.I was just wondering if anyone is on this.
    I curently take 1 aday with 4 imodium tab daily and i still have an upset stomach (someone help)I feel like i cant live a normal life because of the terror of being somewhere and getting an attack.Is there anyone else out there like this

helppppp
  2. sascha

sascha Member

i have it too. i suggest researching options for dietary approach and keep trying to find what works best for you. some people say high fiber; some approaches say cut out fiber.
    there's a good book by man who had Crohn's disease, called 'Patient Heal Thyself,' by Jordan S. Rubin. he lays out diet based on personal experience that helped him regain his health. he also started up a natural supplements business and has wonderful, dependable products. i was put on his Garden of Life - Primal Defense right away once i sought help for myCFIDS
  3. sascha

sascha Member

i have it too. i suggest researching options for dietary approach and keep trying to find what works best for you. some people say high fiber; some approaches say cut out fiber.
    there's a good book by man who had Crohn's disease, called 'Patient Heal Thyself,' by Jordan S. Rubin. he lays out diet based on personal experience that helped him regain his health. he also started up a natural supplements business and has wonderful, dependable products. i was put on his Garden of Life - Primal Defense right away once i sought help for myCFIDS and intestinal problems. i also get Goateine whey powder from his Garden of Life company. i think there are many many possible things that can give you relief and help; maybe even eventually solve your problem. don't give up, and keep searching.
    i find when i stay on high protein, high quality fat diet, with lots of vegetables (including fresh juiced vegetables, and some fruits) i maintain quite well. i stay off sugar, caffeine, alcohol, high-glycemic foods (starchy vegs; carbs that convert to sugar in the body). the good part is, when i am in my very healthy eating mode, i don't crave chocolate and sweet things and baked things. best of luck, sascha
  4. jenunsa

jenunsa New Member

Have you ever been tested for Celiac Disease? It can cause bad diarrhea. All it takes is a simple blood test to check for antibodies. If you do have CD, you just have to stop eating wheat, rye, barley, and oats...and the diarrhea will stop. So it's worth getting tested just in case it's what is causing your problems.
    Sorry, I don't know anything about the meds you are on. Just thought I'd mention the CD thing...as a lot of people have it and don't know it.
    Good luck and hope everything comes out all right (pun intended). :)
  5. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

I have IBS D&C, & know the feeling. Stay away from gas causing foods. I take acidopholus/probiotic, that finally straightened me out. A simple yogart cup won't do it, needs to be a pretty high dose of it (acidopholus)..I take 2.4billion live cultures 3times daily.

The flora in your intestines need something that will clear out all the bad stuff. And I've found taking that helps the most..Other supplements I take for it are; grapeseed extract, 50mg. daily, a multi-enzyme digestive tab 3 times daily, & L-Glutamine 500mg. daily to keep the Liver clean.

I buy most of my supplements from Puritan, they seem to have the best prices, & no additives, ie; yeast, sugar, wheat, etc.

Some people take "Beano" w/every bite they put into their mouths, but that gets expensive...I found the probiotic worked best for me.

Hope you get find something that will work for you...
    Fifth
  6. WendyC

WendyC New Member

if anyone was in nose-shot or ear-shot of the bathroom. Since my doctor put me on a diet of no white flour or wheat and no sugar I have not had many bouts. In fact I notice that when I cheat (like having croutons in my salad last night) I have a nasty bout. Many of us have intolerances for foods that we used to be able to eat. You could try this and see for yourself. Go off all wheat, flour sugars and dairy for one to two weeks. Once a week introduce one of these foods. You'll know soon enough which is the problem. I must say too that I am being treated for candida and that is also contributing. See stormyskye's posts on this. Lots of luck

wendyc
    [This Message was Edited on 07/09/2006]
  7. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

Have had diarrhea for about 2 years now, The doctor ran every type stool test on me, with negative results. After a couple bouts inthe hospital and all the tests, I was just using Imodium as needed, with success. None of the RX she prescribed worked, some made it worse.

B U T... I have to tell you what has happened now, after 2 years of it. I finally decided to face the fact that I have an "irritable bladder", so addressed it at my last doctor appointment with family doctor. She gave me some samples then an RX of Ditropan, and the effect on my diarrhea is remarkable.

It can cause constipation in people, but for me, I am finally having some "normal" stools. And for my bladder problem, what a relief to not be going every 20 minutes!