ibs . . . sort of???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Mar 7, 2007.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Good Morning!

I have a new symptom and it is sort of stumping me. I have developed stomach pain. I feel very bloated (although my stomach is not sticking out or anything), and am very gassy. Sometimes my stomach hurts from right under my ribs all the way down to my pelvis. Thing is, I have not really had a change in bowel habits. I go almost every day. So, I have symptoms of ibs without the main component. Anyone else experience this type of pain?
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've had tummy problems for years and have been diagnosed with IBS from multiple GI docs.

HOWEVER, just in the last few months, I have developed the bloating, severe gas, and the pain on the right like you're talking about. My GI doc thinks my gallbladder is becoming dysfunctional. You may want to talk to a GI about it.

He told me they could do a HIDA scan to check the function of the gallbladder and that if it was dysfunctional they would take it out. BUT I told him that I want to keep my gallbladder as long as possible because it DOES serve a purpose...told him I'd get back to him if it causes so much distress I can't stand it anymore.

TerryS

3. ridfibro

ridfibro New Member

good for you Terry S on insisting keeping your gallbladder. I had stomach problems for years and they decided it must be my gallbladder. They took it out and I continued to have the stomach probs. not the gallbladder i guess.

srs7874, a good workup from a GI may help. Sometimes IBS doesn't change your bowel habits, sometimes this comes on later, but it's always good to find out what may be causing your pain.