Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Mar 30, 2010.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

I've been having terrible diarrhea every night for 2 weeks now. It strikes like clockwork between 8 and 11pm and lasts for 3 or 4 hours. I take immodium by the handful, don't even bother to count the pills anymore. I also take 2 or 3 of the new immodium to help with the terrible gas that accompanies the diarrhea. My doctor's nurse said to stop taking immodium, at the least way I was, and to increase my entocort and domperidone and Klor-con. That was 4 days ago, and nothing's helping. Do any of you have any suggestions? Ginny B
  2. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

There is an IBS forum here with some good info....IBS is kind of a throw away diagnosis...its best to find out what is actually causing it. For me...gluten is an issue... People on the IBS board may be able to help you better....
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I agree that gluten is probably the biggest offender. Are you gluten free?

Perhaps the timing is related to what you are eating for supper or in the evening.

Coconut helps some people with diarrhea, but won't solve the problem if gluten is the cause.
  4. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Two things that helped me greatly with IBS are:

1. Yeast Balance Kit - http://fibromyalgiafatiguesupplements.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=7410640

2. Diarrhea/IBS Formula - http://fibromyalgiafatiguesupplements.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=7458880

Try these out and let me know if they worked for you too.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

High quality refrigerated probiotics are fantastic for colon balance and health also.

I take Ultimate Flora Critical Care that I order online.
  6. sascha

sascha Member

if you can afford it. that way you can get a treatment program specifically prescribed for you.
    i've gone to alternative medical practice and gotten tested, and got information i used that definitely helped me.

i don't have enough money to keep going, but i've learned about a lot of supplements that help me, like digestive enzymes, powerful probiotics, Garden of Life's Primal Defense (that's one that's essential). but getting tested is best starting point because we all have different profile of needs.

diet is important, too, of course. find out what upsets your system, and what best supports you; what can best heal you.

getting better can be a gradual process, but once you find things that help, you can quickly feel better and lessen symptoms. for me, sugar is bad, and empty carbs. i do best when i keep on clean diet including yogurt, stevia in place of sugar (or truvia), good-quality proteins in meats, organic vegs and fruits. i stay away from flour products (well, i slip up now and than), sugars, junk foods. rice can be tolerated better than many other foods. maybe try white rice and chicken (roasted, not fried) w/some veg for dinner. see how that works- also make/buy clean chicken broths (organic) and add in cooked white rice, veg, cut up organic chicken. NO canned soups, though- they have too many additives.

i know it's a misery having guts not functioning. i've been through it a lot. you can get better!!

best of luck- Sascha