IBS????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by eeyore, Sep 12, 2002.

1. eeyore

eeyore New Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS DIAGONIOSED WTH IBS THAT HAD PRODOMINENT(sp)CONSTIPATION? AFTER I SPENT 11YRS WITH CHRONIC CONSTIPATION AND WENT TO SIX DR.S FROM UNIV. OF PENNA. TO JOHN HOPKINS TO UNC HOSP. IN N.C. AND THEN BACK TO UNIV. OF PENNA. TO A NEW DR. WHO AGREED TO REMOVE MY COLON BECAUSE HE KNEW I COULDN'T LIVE THAT WAY ANYMORE.I LIVED WITH CONSTANT DISCOMFORT FROM BEING BLOATED FROM ANYTHING I ATE WHICH WASN'T VERY MUCH AND HORRIBLE BACK PAIN UNTIL FINALLY MY COLON JUST STOPPED WORKING.
    I'M REALLY NOT SURE IF THE PROBLEM WITH MY COLON STARTED FIRST OF MY CFS AND FMS BECAUSE I'VE FELT BAD FOR SO LONG? HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THEIR IBS OR COLON GET SO BAD?

SORRY SO LONG. DENISE
  2. eeyore

eeyore New Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS DIAGONIOSED WTH IBS THAT HAD PRODOMINENT(sp)CONSTIPATION? AFTER I SPENT 11YRS WITH CHRONIC CONSTIPATION AND WENT TO SIX DR.S FROM UNIV. OF PENNA. TO JOHN HOPKINS TO UNC HOSP. IN N.C. AND THEN BACK TO UNIV. OF PENNA. TO A NEW DR. WHO AGREED TO REMOVE MY COLON BECAUSE HE KNEW I COULDN'T LIVE THAT WAY ANYMORE.I LIVED WITH CONSTANT DISCOMFORT FROM BEING BLOATED FROM ANYTHING I ATE WHICH WASN'T VERY MUCH AND HORRIBLE BACK PAIN UNTIL FINALLY MY COLON JUST STOPPED WORKING.
    I'M REALLY NOT SURE IF THE PROBLEM WITH MY COLON STARTED FIRST OF MY CFS AND FMS BECAUSE I'VE FELT BAD FOR SO LONG? HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THEIR IBS OR COLON GET SO BAD?

SORRY SO LONG. DENISE
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Seems like I have been constipated my whole life, I do not remember having normal bowel habits, I have just been obsessive lately with changing that. Working on it thru supplements. I have to use suppositories to "go", the glycerin ones, they do work real well with no problems, but it does get tiring. I can feel that I need to but need help.
    Frustrating.

Jaci
  4. selma

selma New Member

Sorry that you had to have such drastic measures taken.
    Do a search on top for IBS Then IBS/D then go to the library on this site for more info.. My IBS has been terrible, but i can LIVE with it. You couldn't if your intestines didn't move. You could have died from it as you know. How are you doing noW? I'll Have to see tomorrow as I have to get off.

Love, Selma
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I had constant constipation all my life, and have had IBS that I know of for about 10 years.

I take 'Natural Calm', a powdered magnesium citrate, one teaspoon a day and I have a normal bowel movement everyday now for the last year. It also helps with muscle spasms.

As for the bloating I used Suzanne Somer's diet plan, not to lost weight, but to get rid of the bloating. Its gone also. I only get it now and them when I have a stomach problem.

I used the glycerin suppositories for years, as I could not take anything oral meds for it, as it would cramp my stomach like crazy. I don't need them at all anymore.

Hope this information helps. And that you get some real help for this.

Shalom, Shirl