IBSers, have you read Dr. Mark Pimental's book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Mar 26, 2006.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Could not sleep last night, about 2:30 this morning was in one of the chat rooms here, there was a young man who has been improving his IBS with Dr. Mark Pimental's approach.

Has anyone heard of Dr. Pimental?

June
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

3. tandy

tandy New Member

I never heard of him.

And since I have so much trouble with IBS,..I'm gonna google search this guy.
    Sorry I'm no help but if I should see/read anything to forward,I will do that~

Hugs
    Tandy
  4. catsmeow369mi

catsmeow369mi New Member

I am going thru the ibs right now. Almost afraid to eat. Hopefully it will go away today. I usually only have it for a few hours, but alot of times it is the middle of the night which means no sleep for me. This time I got to sleep at least.

Val
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

What the poster was saying last night was, he had bacteria which should have been in the (let's say) stomach, in his small intestine where it should not have been.

(It was 2:30 this morning when I was "chatting" with him so cannot remember exactly where the bacteria should have been or where it actually was.

He says conditions can allow the bacteria to leak from one part of the GI tract to another part where it should not be.

He referred to IBS-C and IBS-D (constipation or diarrhea) He brought studies by Dr. Pimental to his GI guy and the doc said he would have no problem putting him on the appropriate medication.

If it's diarrhea, it's one medication, constipation, its another.

The poster said this has been helping him a great deal.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any further information about this.

Fondly, June
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Since you have been to this physician, how did you like him? Were you aware of the book he has written?

Fondly, June