iced tea, a healthy type for cfs/low b/p?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Aug 13, 2010.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

I love tea, stopped tolerating coffee 20 years ago, but often can get away with a little black or green tea but it can really wire me and drop my energy like hypoglycemia.

This summer as I started using dramamine and benadryl regularly for sleep I felt the need for morning iced tea to wake up and was going pretty well but lately I think it is increasing oxygen hunger, almost like doing coke or something, its awesome for 2 hours and then it sucks for 5 hours, just need to lie around and weird things going on with pressure systems in the body then. I think the heat makes it worse even when yr in a/c.

i want to continue with an iced tea ritual but does anyone know a tasty tea herb that is good for us too and might help energy without the downside of caffeine? not gingko or gotu kola for me either btw, feel weird on 'em.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I don't know if it would increase energy but it sure tastes good iced on a hot day, and I think gives a little pick-me-up, and it's very good for digestion.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Have you had your adrenals checked? If they are depleted, it might explain your extreme sensitivity to caffeine. My chiro who does muscle testing diagnosed mine, and gave me Drenatrophin PMG by STandard Process (an adrenal glandular), which helped enormously. Another good one is Drenamin,also by SP, and Cytozyme AD by Biotic. I can drink caffeine now in moderation, but every once in awhile when my body is stressed for whatever reason, I have to back off.

A good test is the adrenal stress index test (a saliva test) which will measure your cortisol levels. Any doctor or naturopath can order it. Also, if your cortisol levels are high at night, this can cause insomnia, another good reason to have the test done. You might be able to get off the benadryl. Mine was high at night and I was told to take Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) which helped almost immediately.

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Simone - I typed up a message earlier and then it didn't post. I'll try again :)

I love iced tea, however, I can't have caffeine as it makes my heart pound and I become very hyper. There are lots of herbal teas that make great iced tea. Without the caffeine though, I don't know of any that will help with energy. If you just want a nice tea, try teas from London Fruit and Herb Company (available at Costco), Tetley, Celestial Seasonings, and Stash. You can also get decaf teas from Tetley, such as Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green Tea and Orange Pekoe. The fruity herbal teas make really good iced tea.
  5. kat211

kat211 New Member

Celestial Seasonings makes a decaf green tea w/white tea that is really good.
  6. simonedb

simonedb Member

mmmmm I love tea, thanks for the ideas y'all

I did do some test like 5 years ago and I think my cortisol levels were turned around like my sleep. what time do you take the phosphatidyl serine? i tried some of that but cant remember what happened something weird haha think it was good n bad, but maybe should reapproach.