I'd be lost without anti-depressants!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libralady, May 8, 2003.

1. libralady

libralady New Member

I have taken a combination of Prozac during the day and Trazadone at night and it changed my life! After a few years of this, my doc switched me to a new AD called Lexapro, and I have had excellent results in terms of energy and mood. The Trazadone helps with sleep at night.
    Another excellent, natural product is called Ginsenique by Boiron. It is a homeopathic syrup that boosts energy if you want to go the natural way.

Thanks everyone for this great messageboard!
  2. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Isn't it funny how we all differ. Lexapro did nothing for me. However, Trazadone does help me sleep better. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the message board!
    I am into my third month of Lexapro---and I, too, have had excellent results with it. I have both CFS and FM, and have not noticed a change in my fatigue due to it....but my mood is so much better. The extreme depression, and irritability is completely gone. I have found no side effects. It does not make me groggy.

I cannot take anything with Ginseng in it, as I have hypertension. I have begun vitamin B12 injections at home, and BComplex injections (at the Docs to check for adverse effects before I begin injections at home)
    I also take an adrenal pep (homeopathic) for energy.

Hope to hear more from you, and again, welcome to the board!
    LL