ID theft - beware copiers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 3, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

- turns out they have hard drives too, and few even know about it!
    Watch this:

Not sure how many thieves know about it, but surely it's just a matter of time :(

all the best,

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That was interesting. And horrifying.

The question of why were the machines built w/ a hard drive is not discussed.

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Just an FYI

Also - with all the push towards recycling paper these days....

I work in a company where people provide personal information - bank statements etc.
    I was appalled that one of our clients copied her information on recycled paper (the back of what she supplied had been previously used.)

Well she works as a therapist. She actually had her notes of a patient on the back of her documents. Name of patient and all - the diagnosis, etc.

At first I thought it was HER personal info until I saw her employment information, then of course the name of the person who the notes referred to.
    I don't know why those notes would be recycled and not in a file but they were.

I brought it to her attention and she was very embarrassed. I recopied that documention she brought in and asked if I could shred the first set.

I'd definitely make sure that all personal info on you was in a file or shredded.