Idaho Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BluEyes, Aug 28, 2005.

1. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

Does anyone know of a "good doctor" in Idaho? I know there is a "good doctor" list, but it has no doctors in Idaho at all. I am hoping that someone here is from either southeast Idaho or the Missoula, MT area and can refer me to a doctor that is good with fibro patients.

Thanks for your help!!
    Brenda
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

That is why I left Idaho and moved back to Ca.
    The Dr.s in Idaho were killing me, really,

I went in for C-7 surgery and ended up with a torn rotator cuff, and that was due to having CMPD, they placed me wrong on the OP table.

If they had known, what FMS/CMPD was, I would still be living up there, it's so Beautiful, too cold tho in the Winter.

Maybe Nanna, will have some Info for you, she lives up thata way.

I have a Sister who lives in Ontairo, Or, and she see a NP, who treats her and her DH. That's on the boarder of Idaho & Oregon.

Hope your can find someone, who will be knowledgeable for treating you.
    Hugs,
    sharonk
  3. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

Doxy,

I live in Salmon, Idaho. I'm about 340 miles from Spokane, 165 miles south of Missoula, Montana, and 150 miles northwest of Idaho Falls. Actually, if Idaho was a square, we would be smack dab in the center!

I've tried to find FFC's near me, with no luck at all. Most of the Doctor's lists don't even list Idaho as a state... or if they do, there are no doctors/centers listed.

I'll go do the search you suggested. Thank you soooo much for the info. If you hear anything else... please let me know (in case I miss it -- there are sooo many posts on here it is hard to keep up!).

Sharon,

I'm so sorry to hear of your awful experiences. I know Idaho isn't the BEST place for medical care, but with my daughter in her senior year in high school, I am here for at least one more year.

gentle hugs to you both!
    Brenda
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I wish you luck in finding a Dr. who can help you, I would try MT. with Missoula being a College town, you might have better luck.

I think the Dr.s in Idaho, are of 2 kind, afarid of te DEA and lack of Knowledge. There is one Neruologist, that I do remember, helping me a lot before I was dx.
    You might see if you can get a Referal to see him.
    His name is Dr. Redmond, in Bosie.
    He was really nice and I think he was more on track with what was wrong with me.

How exciting to have a Senior in the house, who isn't Old huh? lol. Inside joke in our Family when one of our Kids makes it to the Last year. lol. What a great time that is for them too. I hope your Daughter has a great Senior year.

Have a great day,
    sharonk