Idbgcoleman

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1horse, Nov 1, 2005.

1. 1horse

1horse New Member

Oh my I am glad you found the one to lease.. cant wait to see a picture of your horse.. take care Peggy
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I am really excited! I had quite an experience yesterday. I knew I wnated to make a decision. I had already ridden Raffaney, Tellie and Sophie in a lesson. I also rode Rebel and Jersey. Five horse is one day.

Sophie is actually the trainers horse. Rebecca rode yearlings in KY before she beacame pregnant and moved here. She has done it all. She got Sophie unridden and trained her. She has had her for 4 years. She has excellent ground manners and is really sweet. She comes right over to me when I go to catch her. I paid a little extra so she can get turn out every day. Rebecca would be willing to sell her if I decide down the road I can't live withour her.

The other horses I tried out are all owned by little girls. I really liked Tellie as well, but the girl who owns her was not thrilled about having to half lease her horse and she was snotty so I crossed her off my list.

I feel very happy with my decision. I am so excited I was dreaming about it and now I can't sleep! I am going out of town for the weekend with my Mom so I will take my lesson on Thurs and then be back riding on Monday.

Thank you for taking an interest! None of my friends ride so they just don't get it! My husband has gotten lots of hugs an kisses over this and he told me If I wnated a horse he would spring for it is I would keep the love coming! HA HA!

Take Care and tell me all about what you are up too as well!! Lynn
  3. 1horse

1horse New Member

I am so glad you found sophie.. I am going on a poker ride this weekend. should be lots of fun.. guess what ,my madien name is cole.sort of what use use as your handle.anyway my boy is a paso fino .. he is really great..I dont know how to post pictures on this so I havent. I live in vail az. we also have a farm house in w.va. we go there 3 times a year. let me know how the horse is doing. I am so excited for you. did you read my message to you on the first one?? did you realize so many people love horses????????// cool huh take care Peggy
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was suprised to see how many of us are horse lovers or have horses! I cannot wait for my lesson tomorrow! I am so bad I wenty to horsetown todasy and bought my own brushes, curry and hoofpick for Sophie. I have a funny feeling she may be mine eventually I am falling in love with her. It's all i can think of!

Sound like you have a nice setup. I love Paso Finos. They are so proud looking! What color is he? I am thinking dark bay am I right?? What is his name?? Poker run sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to start doing things like that! HAve you ever taken a natural horsemanship or Parelli course?? What do you think about it? Would love your opinion.

I will try to post a picture tomorrow! I am going antiquing in Charlotte on a girls trip tomorrow afternoon until Sunday so hopefully I will have time before I go!

Please write back and tell me all about your horse and your riding! I am all ears. Lynn
  5. 1horse

1horse New Member

He is a Palamino , 3 white socks.. no I have not taken any courses but I like john lyons and Parilli.. I get trail rider magazine, horse n rider and horse illustrated..the tapes from these horse trainers are suspose be great. also pick your friends brain that you are leasing the horse from. my horse is named sundance (sunny) for short.take care peg
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I love Palaminos! He sounds beautiful. You will have to find a way to post a picture of the two of you. I would love to see him.

When I was riding as a teenager I never really thought about my horses herd mentality or whay he did what he did. I just hopped on and rode and had fun. MAybe I am overthinking the whole thing. (OK I confess I over think everything and drive my husband out of his mind!)

Headed to the barn now and will try to get a picture! Thanks for the posts! TAke Care Lynn