Idea for Someone - One of the Tee's I think?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

For the life of me I can't remember who it was here that wrote about getting better for short period of time on birth control (BC) than relapsed. Well, I was thinking about this...

And I though maybe they were responding to the progesterone - and because its BC pills the progesterone is synthetic, not bioidentical.

So maybe trying a natural progesterone cream (on days 13 thru 28) would help like the BC pills did - but a better fit biologically.

Many of us are estrogen dominant from foods, water, pollutants etc. In fact, fibroids are a sign of estrogen dominance. I have been reading several books on hormones lately.

Anyway I hope this reaches the person I thought of - I think it's one of the Tee's - but I may be wrong.

God Bless,

2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

The thing is, my bloodwork is now showing low estrogen, higher testosterone. It's weird. And I'm bleeding everyday this month, too. I got my period twice this month and it hasn't completely shut off. But usually, when I stop all dairy, then I don't even get my period or I get it very light. The whole thing is messed up. I'm going to an Endo on Thursday. So we'll see what he has to say. All of my hormones are out of whack. My prolactin is at 44. It's usually supposed to be half that. My thyroid is still messed up, too.
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I use Progesterone cream but it only helps me feel a little calmer. It does nothing for my other symptoms but thanks for thinking of it.

Tea, it's actually normal I've found out for many women to have the same type of problems with their hormones and their period. I found this out at the Power Surge forum which has a lot of Perimenopausal women dealing with all this.

They're doing a Poll there that shows that Progesterone has effects everybody differently. Some women find it a great help but it makes most women worse according to the Poll results. BHRT and HRT can make many women worse too, especially ones who are chronically ill with CFS but it still may be worth a try as we all react differently.

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My idiot doc won't give me birth control pills because of the elevated prolactin. So we'll see what the Endo does. I'm just tired of suffering.