ideas about what to do online.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 8, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Jeans 16 asked about what we did all day and most said tv and computer, so thought if we could give each other ideas on what websites we use .For me I can play games at pogo or yahoo .I read the news I watch you tube videos.Any ideas? Ruthie
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

On the Internet Scrabble Club. It keeps my mind off the pain and keeps my mind sharper too.
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

There are many gaming and movie sites online. You can do it all for free, if you know where to look. There are streaming tv and movie sites.

Youtube.com
    Hulu.com
    streamick.com

Streamick has all kinds of tv channels you can watch free online.

For games, there are so many places you can go for free. addictinggames.com (tons of free java games)
    escapegames24.com (tons of free games, try some escape the room games)
  4. willruthie1965

Thanks for thegood ideas.I have cnn,court tv,paranormal places,out there tv,just too name a few more.Also one of my favorites is Freecycle,it is where you find things for free and give things away in your area. Ruthie
  5. willruthie1965

Thanks for thegood ideas.I have cnn,court tv,paranormal places,out there tv,just too name a few more.Also one of my favorites is Freecycle,it is where you find things for free and give things away in your area. Ruthie
  6. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I also play on Pogo.com. I bought a membership but you don't have to. You can play in the free rooms only difference is there are intermissions. The membership is 39.99 a year which to me is cheap since that's my only entertainment. They give you weekly badges to complete and you have mini's that you can go shopping for to dress up it's really fun.

Also I like craigslist.com. People sell stuff on there, there are different forums (I always look at the pet one). I have recently gotten a kitten. Well she's 8 months now and I have to tell you she has changed my life. Never being a cat person before she is great and makes me smile. My phyciatrist says animals are great therapy and she's right. Cats are so much easier than dogs.
  7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

is called pelmanism. The website has a weird name, so just google 'pelmanism game' and click on the website; it starts with a 'v'. It's a symbol matching game--great for memory skills. I love it!!

Laura
  8. willruthie1965

I love memory games.I use to love old maid. Slingo has agood memory game also, Ruthie
  9. 28years

28years New Member

Thanks for the great ideas.

hangininthere --- I only visited it once, but I'm already addicted to the jigsaw puzzle game!! Thanks.

I like to go to this site:

http://www.pbase.com/galleries

There are no games, just a lot of pretty pictures to look at and the site is easy to use. I've spent hours there.
  10. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

I also play games -- pogo, gamesville, iwon (but it has tracking software so I would not recommend), live search club/msn. Icould be wrong but I think some of the games help our impaired mental processes.

Go to Webstakes and enter daily -- Last year I won a $400 gift card from them.

I also enter a lot of sweepstakes at Sweepstakes Advantage or Online-Sweepstakes.com. I've won a few things but the most fun for me is reading the prize description and deciding on who I will take on the hawaiian vacation with me when I win -- haha. I think reading the description and imagining going on the trip or driving the car or whatever helps keep blood flow going in the ol' brain.

and don't say you never win, you don't win because you don't enter. I won a prepaid college tuition contract for my middle grandson, that is if he ever gets his head out of his behind before high school and buckles down; if not, I can cash it out eventually.

I also like to read homesteading or gardening sites/blogs. I love to do that kind of stuff (gardening, canning, baking, animals)or at least I used to, can't anymore, but I can read about It. I have a whole fantasty life. There are also a lot of crafting, knitting, sewing blogs/sites I visit.

Yep, that's my vicarious life.

ETA: Sometimes I do a lot of research on my autoimmunes (sounds like a 60's girl group -- Now,live from the Las Vegas, the audaucious autoimmnes) but then I cry a lot when I realize how this stuff really, really sucks.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2008]