Ideas for calciumless breakfast after taking armour thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

What in the world can we eat for breakfast that isn't fortified with calcium or has calcium. Breakfast bars are fortified. I switched to almonds and raisins only to find out that almonds are a great source of calcium. It has to be something I can take with me because I eat at work. Can't take my armour earlier because once I'm awake, I'm awake and a 4:00 wake up is not my thing. Any ideas, please.
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't understand - I thought you can't eat for half an hour before taking thyroid and then you can eat anything you want. Why can't you eat calcium? Can you explain because I take thyroid meds and eat a protein bar for breakfast. Thanks.

Annette2
  3. lea

lea Member

I don't believe that the calcium thing counts for the food you eat. You may want to ask a pharmacist or your doctor.

BTW, for those who don't know, soy interferes with thyroid meds.
    good luck
    best,
    lea
  4. Lendi

Lendi New Member

That would help a lot. I had heard that you can't eat for 1 hr after taking thyroid med and calcium for 4 hrs. Am I wrong. I hope so :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2003]
  5. isee

isee New Member

My naturopath said it's just calcium supplements that you should avoid up to 3 hours after taking thyroid meds.
    I had the same question, because I was eating yogurt an hour after taking Armour's thyroid. My naturopath has been treating patients for over 20 years. I'm hoping he knows what he's talking about.

In other words, I think you ought to be able to eat calcium-containing foods such as almonds, yogurt, cheese, etc.

Anna

P.S. I take my panthothenic acid later since it has calcium.
    Any vitamins that contain calcium, I delay.
  6. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Ok, so I'm glad I misunderstood. I'm going to go ahead and eat my almonds and raisins but avoid everything that has calcium on the label. That would make life so much better :) I guess I should stick with natural foods and less processed anyway. Thanks for clarifying that. Lendi