IDEAS NEEDED! Much stiffness & aches followed by rash?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Sep 1, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I have been in a bad flair now for about 7 days. After 3 very sore, stiff and achey days I am now noticing areas of spots that are raised, red about the size of dimes on my body. Anybody else ever had this or heard of this? Just seems like the two symptoms should be connected. any suggestions or info would be appreciated.
    Judy
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

I have no idea but I bet it has something to do with the bromelain. I am into my 2nd or 3rd week on it and I have been feeling awful. I also have been getting strange rashes - red raised but smaller than dimes.

Not sure I want to continue on this since I hav'nt got a clue whether or not hypercoagulation is a factor in my illness.

Sorry I can't be of any help but I sure can feel your pain.

2girls
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

So sorry your flaring :( Like you stated in another post....Its the bromelain causing the herx. I'm curious why it would do that?? I posted this question on the thread in more detail. As for the rash.It sounds almost allergic type to me??(not sure but thats my thoughts) Your not allergic to bee stings are you!! because I had read that people with bee allergys should NOT take bromelain!! Are these spots itchy? hope your better soon judy...take care :)
  4. lea

lea Member

Could it be lyme disease?
    good luck
    best,
    lea
  5. judywhit

judywhit New Member

wonder if it the bromelaine? As far as stiff neck, vomiting, headache I have none of these. Just extremely stiff in the hands, fingers, legs, toes. I also noticed I am looking very puffy like I am retaining water. I have had this rash before and as I think of it the rash always appears after the symptoms of the extreme stiffness. Not allergic to bees either. Hmmm....well I guess i will call the doc in the morning. Have an appointment with Rhuemmy at the end of the month and will mention this. thanks gals...will be feeling better soon :)
    Judy

I have also wondered about lyme. I cannot get a doctor to test me for lyme because they all say that we do not have lyme in the pacific northwest. I call B.S to this and am going to insist a test.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2003]
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

If the bromelaine is the only change you have made lately in your treatment routine, you may want to consider stopping it, as long as you are not taking it for life saving reasons. If the symptoms go away, that's a good indication the bromelaine caused them. And please do discuss this with your doctor, especially if he/she knows you are taking the bromelaine.

My 2 and a half cents...
    Beth.
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

more ideas/thoughts for Judy? Good days ahead :)