Ideas on a special Valentines Day for the Kids???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI friends...
    I am going out of town for a few days, leaving the day after Valentines day. I wanted to have a special night with the kids for Valentines Day.

Anyone have any ideas? What are you all doing with the kids, if you have them? My "little ones" are 7 and 3... just trying to think of something special.

2. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I always fixed a special dinner just like I would have if it were me and my husband, but included the kids. I bought those paper heart doilies and set them on the plates and under the glasses. I even have heart shaped plates or now they have paper ones that are nice. Wal-mart has a bunch of cheap stuff -- straws, plastic plates, napkins, etc.

I bought them non-alcoholic champagne and they used the nice wine glasses like us. I bought them each a gift and wrapped it in Valentine's paper. And one for my husband!

Now, they are 14 and 15, we still do the dinner, I make them a card and still give them a gift (seems the gifts are more expenisve now!). We include them in our anniversary dinner the same way, even though we go out. It makes them feel part of your relationship and is a chance to celebrate something special as a family.