Ideas to relieve itching

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Mar 12, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

It drives me crazy with itching, it does not do it in one place it moves to all parts of my body. How have people found Benedryl? and what other ideas have you found that have worked.

Tammy
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

is Claritin, much better that Benadryl and does not cause sleepiness.

I use cold cloths, cortisone cream, baby oil, vaseline, you name it..
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i break out in hives from stress...that is horrible...feels like fiberglass on my and it burns and itches...my dr/psychicatrist said it is from my nerves getting stiulated...over taxed...

so sometimes if i take an ad it will help...i have put cortisone lotion on it but that doesn
    t do much of anthing at all..

jodie
  4. auntcon

auntcon New Member

Man my skin itches.., esp under my bra and any other crinkle...then at my knees and ankles on the sides... of course ... legs... and back...

I use curel sometimes

I also get hives at odd times.

thanks for the thread
    Con
  5. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

I was itching allot until I dropped my medication back alittle.One of the side effects of Tramadol is itching.
    I'd feel like something crawling on my arm then on my leg, and on my face I was constantly scratching.
    I don't have the problem like I did.
    You might want to check your meds, to see if its coming from them...
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Make my legs itch something awful so I guess getting air to the body is what helps. I use anti itch cream with the benadryl type stuff in it. Gold Bond is good usually.

AC
  7. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

Thanks so much for your useful ideas. I was wondering with these creams some of you have suggested do you put it over your body in the morning, as with me the itches jump to all parts of the body so its hard to know where it will itch next.
    And I will also get my meds checked out.

take care
    Tammy
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It doesn't make one sleepy at such a low dose and will help with the itching.

Love, Mikie
  9. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Tammy!

I get attacks of hives and itching (which moves around my body). This is especially true after having surgery since I'm allergic to antibiotics.

Aveeno Anti-Itch cream has been a life-saver for me. I've also used the children's allergy medicine (described by Mikie) which helps.

Also, I saw an allergist who prescribed something called "Hydroxyzine" (a prescription-strength syrup similar to Benedryl). It makes me sleepy but controls the itching & hives.

Best wishes in getting to the source of your allergies. Though some of my reactions were from antibiotics, many were determined to be "unknown" in origin.

Janice

[ advertisement ]