Idle thoughts from too much time...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Jan 14, 2011.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Idle thoughts I've been wondering about as I wander around the house and yard...

I planted some bird seed.
    A bird came up.
    Now what do I feed it?

I had amnesia once -- or twice.

Protons have mass?
    I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

If the world was a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle, you know?

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible... and I believed them.

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

My weight is perfect for my height -- which varies.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

The cost of living has never affected its popularity.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

Show me a person with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a person who can't get any kind of pants on.

Does everyone else also think buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Hopefully I'll figure this, and some other things, out in 2011.... tho I'm sure some other questions will come up in my mind-

If God dropped acid, would he see people?

If the “blackbox” flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash,why isn’t the whole airplane made out of that stuff?

Does the Little Mermaid wear an algae bra?

If you ask me, there are too many questions and not enough answers!

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I didn 't even know buffalos could fly. I'm still waiting for pigs to fly.

Love, Mikie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Are those idle thoughts? Seem somewhat provocative to me. Always
    good to stir up the brain cells now and then.

P.G.Wodehouse once asked, "If money doesn't bring happiness, does
    happiness bring money?"

What I wonder is, why do people say, "I could care less" when they
    really mean they could care more?

BTW, I saw a picture of a flight recorder on the net recently. It was not
    a black box. It was an orange cylinder.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Used to tell me that money doesn't buy happiness, I told her she didn't know where to shop.

Love, Mikie
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

good responses....!

Mikie, my in-laws used to criticize us for what we spent money on, saying we'd regret it someday. Well, we may be poorer today, but you know what? I don't regret a thing. I\We got to do a lot of things that I would not be able to do now because of other reasons!

I know I'd be thinking... “There must be more to life than sitting wondering if there (was) more to life” (Jack Handy)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Strangely, I always had a sense that I had better do the things I wanted to when I had the chance. I think that, somehow, I had a premonition that someday, I might not be able to do them. When we are very young, we think opportunities will always be there. As we grow older, we realize that opportunities can change or go away. I'm so glad I've done almost everything I ever wanted to do. I will have no regrets that I missed something.

I'm not wasteful nor do I have a problem with spending everything I have but I don't believe in living in a mentality of scarcity either. I feel blessed that my life has been so full. I am not materialistic but I enjoy and give thanks for what I have. Every time my computers have died, I feel bad but then go on to enjoy new ones. Just replaced my PC with a new laptop and I am lovin' it. But, I digress...

Sounds as though our MIL's went to the same school of finance :) I did try to remember that folks who went through the big depression had a different relationship with money.

Good talking with you.

Love, Mikie
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Thanks for the insightful thoughts and laughs today!

8. victoria

victoria New Member

I think they did Mikie - going thru the depression with no permanent job was rough on many of course, tho at least they were not homeless. But, that said, she had a much better life than her parents, and they might've said the same thing to her actually. The difference in her life and theirs was quite remarkable.

It is one thing to be young, one does feel invincible very often... which often doesn't allow one's self to pull back from something that isn't working.

Which leads me back to one of my favorite quotes:

If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?

Some other thoughts I ran across/added to/changed a bit, depending (LOL):

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

What you can learn from observing children:
    You can reduce anyone (from a parent to a politician) to a gibbering idiot if you ask the question, 'Why?', three times in a row.

Why can't I wear my nightgown to the nightclub?

[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2011]