Idon't know how to reply??? instructions please????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pain333, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pain333

pain333 New Member

Hi some of you replied to mt first post and I wanted to answer questions and say thank you. I hit reply but.... I already forgot what it sas, but I cannot reply.???
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have that same problem and there are a couple of ways to solve it.

1. Hold down the SHIFT key as you click reply. This will open a new window. You can reply and still see the posts.

2. Right click on reply go up to "Open in new window" and click on it. This will open a new window.

I am sure there are other but these are quick and easy to remember -- I think anyway.

Oh -- I didn't mean to be rude. Welcome to the board :)

Good luck,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  3. pain333

pain333 New Member

Thank YOU sooo much (if this gets to you). I hope so, I want to answer a lot of people. pain333
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

You are very welcome. I used to have the hardest time until someone told me about that. Good job!!!

Glad to help and I hope you enjoy the board,

5. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

I also click on the “Reply to this message” up in the right hand corner.

But I open Microsoft Word & type my message there because I can NOT live without spell check :) Then I hit on Alt & Tab to go between the two screens. Once my message is done, I just copy & paste it.

I just tried the previous ways mentioned & it worked great. Thank you!!!
  6. FibroPainSufferer

I too forgot to welcome you! You’ll have to tell us about yourself!

I hope you are doing well!!!
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

Here are a few tips if you want them.

You can click on your profile which is located at the top right corner (your user-name) and you will find all of you posts this saves a lot of searching.

When you want to see if someone has posted to you just type your user-name (pain333) in the search box located at the top left of this page.

If you need anything just give a shout everyone here is willing to help or you can put my name in the title box of you post (kjfms) and I will do my best to help or find someone who can.

If you want spellcheck Google has it on their toolbar which you can download for free -- it is what I use. A lot easier than copy&paste.

If you click you a poster's user-name you can read their profile. Just click on my name (kjfms) and you will see what I am talking about.

Well that is plenty for now...LOL

Take care,

[This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  8. pain333

pain333 New Member

I cannot believe how BRAIN DEAD I am. I know it worked , I got a reply. Where it says title, am I supposed to put the name of the person? or does it automatically GO to the person I am hitting reply to??? By the time I click and get to the screen for "message" I have forgotten the name!!!!! GO FIGURE!? lol You guys are GREAT, WHOEVER gets this. Name? or subject of reply? I am sooo sorry, I feel sooo stupid I can't figure anything out anymore. Is this a problem to all fm people? It really has me scared, my Dr. said I could be having mini strokes? I have PANIC disorder, don't tell me that!!!
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

you can put whatever you want in the title bar. Just slow down it will be fine.

If you reply to a post in a thread it just stays in that thread. I hope that makes sense. Yes we all have cognitive problems.

If you want read my tips again about opening a new window so you can still read the posts and reply.

It take a few times but you will get you have been doing it :)

Take care,

10. pain333

pain333 New Member

I will probably get it sooner or latr??
  11. FibroPainSufferer

I didn’t know we could download Google’s spell check, thanks for the info!!!

As always, I’m taking the long route :)?
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

You are welcome -- you would not want to read my posts if I didn't use it and I am a medical transcriptionist. I can't spell regular words...LOL

Thanks,