If fibromyalgia were not real......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Oct 15, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

How many of you would be sitting home on Saturday night? I wouldn't.

I live just a few miles from the ocean - heck - I'd be on the beach!!! The weather is lovely here right now.

Or, I'd be at the mall or at a concert or doing something fun - gosh - I'd have a life!!!

What would you do?

abbylee
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I would do my job with all my heart and soul untiringly as I feel it's a calling from God.

I would spend all my time with my family, especially my grandkids; and, I'd babysit and stay with them so that my son and daughter could have more time together to find those soul mates that they once were again.

I would spend time in Bible studies and leading Bible studies.

I would be out witnessing untiringly to others about the greatness and grace of our Father.

I would never stop working, living, or anything that I could physically do, and would enjoy a wonderful life, wonderful friends, wonderful family times and just know that all that would be wonderful memories as I grow older.

I would sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to serve the Lord another day. I would do that every day!

Oh how I wish that fibromyalgia weren't real!!!!

Love to all, Jeannette
  3. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I would still be working, enjoying learning and communicating with adults on a daily basis. I could contribute financially to my household, my family, and my retirement.

I would be able to go to the mall all day and buy nothing or anything I want. I would get up the next day and be able to do it all over again, rather than stay in bed for 2 days of recuperation.

I could go to the beach with my husband and watch him surf.

I could read a good book, magazine, or knit whenever I have time. I could take a class on painting or quilting.

If only those naysayers were right, what a better person I would be!
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I would finish my studies to become a nurse. I would volunteer as a clown and entertain children who are sick and in the hospital. I would be able to go to my teenage daughter's marching band preformances. I would clean my house. Wishful thinking...
    Kellyann
  5. larry11

larry11 New Member

because i think the way it is going i will be just like so many of you, you actually have tears in my eyes as I read the few post here. God Bless You All.......

I pray that I won`t get that bad, but I think it is just around the corner for me, i have tried quite a few meds and they just seem to take away a little of the pain, the last week has been awful and it is a bummer to read these post and think about all of you and even worse to think it is going to happen to you (myself).

LARRY
  6. luv2float

luv2float New Member

not be up at 2 a.m. reading these posts!

I would be out with friends dancing and having a good time.

I would travel again and enjoy every minute and not worry about being in so much pain or looking where the restrooms are (IBS-D). I would eat & drink anything I want.

I would not have to explain to family and friends why I can
    't do things and have to cancel plans at the last minute (fibro).

I would work again and be proud of my contributions to the company and to my family financially.

I would be energetic and smile all the time, instead of always being in a fog and crying when nobody can see.

I would be drug-free, and not worry about where the money is going to come from for my medications and doctors (no insurance).

I would not see a therapist to help me get over the loss of my old self.

I would look forward to every day instead of thinking OK, wonder where my pain will be tomorrow.
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

But here we sit, eating pills as though they were candy, and we're not any better.

I've always been taught that we have a purpose in life. I'm wondering what mine could be. No one wants to see his or her life pass by, but with this sickness and pain, there is little alternative.

Once on January 1st I made a resolution that I would beat this sickness and live a normal life. I've had to accept the fact that I never will, so I go places, do things, and eat otherf foods thar I kmow aren't good for me. But who cares!!!

abbylee
  8. brie

brie New Member

I would be normal.I would travel with my husband and see all the things we didn't get to visit while we were raising our children. I would take my grandchildren places that are special as grandparents do. I would volunteer and try to make a diff in this life and I would thank God everyday at the good health he has given me.
  9. abbylee

abbylee New Member

10. tandy

tandy New Member

I'd be Jammin!! :)

and I'd never ever take feeling good/healthy for granted~

Not that I feel I ever did. But,.. I certainly put off doing things,thinking I've got lots of time, 'I can do that tomorrow.'
    yea right :(
    who would've thought I'd go downhill fast at 28.

11. jake123

jake123 New Member

sign myself and husband up for country and western dancing lessons and drink a couple of frozen margaritas and end up in bed having fun like we used to do.