If FM is noninflammatory-why do we have inflammation??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Feb 6, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Was reading an article on FM that says it's not. But I've had inflammation and I think I've read that others have also, so what gives? Where's it coming from then?
    Take care, Keke
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

While FMS may not produce the large amount of inflammation which RA and other illnesses produce, there is an inflammatory factor with FMS. According to Dr. St. Amand (of the Guai Protocol) the lumps are accumulations in our soft tissue of phosphate debris which our bodies cannot excrete. These tiny crystals of phosphate irritate our soft tissue, causing inflammation.

Our immune systems are messed up and we often produce an immune response to various stimuli. The immune response is, in itself, an inflammatory response.

So, while FMS isn't usually considered "an inflammatory illness," there is inflammation in the bodies of people with FMS and anti-inflammatories do give relief.

I'm not a medical professional, just a person who has had FMS for a looooooooong time. BTW, according to Dr. St. A, when the body runs out of soft tissue in which to store the debris, it stores it in the joints, causing osteoarthritis. OA isn't considered inflammatory either but anti-inflammatories give relief to it too. You can learn more about the Guai Protocol and Dr. St. Amand at Guaidoc.com.

Love, Mikie