If I Could Buy One Book?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by musette, Feb 24, 2003.

1. musette

musette New Member

If I could buy one book on fibromyalgia, is there one from the people on this board that you all would suggest. It is mind boggling all the information that is just wrong, or it to medical for my fogged up head to comprehend. I did look at the library (browsed) and there is a bit much for me at this time. Any suggestions. Maybe if I read a book I will quit pestering you guys for answers and help. I haven't been able to read a book in over a year now, so this should be interesting. I love to come here and just read questions and responses because I learn the most from you guys v.s. books anyway.

Musette
  2. musette

musette New Member

Well Jellybelly, I know I have read many of your posts on this board. I will go to the bookstore and give it a try. I need to understand as much as possible because the various things my doctors are telling me, I don't know who to believe. I don't feel like I have any say so anymore and some doctors believe it is real, some don't, some think narcotics work, some don't. I feel like I am in the middle of a family feud. I will educate myself. Thanks for your help. I will keep reading the board because so far, the best knowledge comes from reading about the people who have FM, like me.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is an excellent book. I do have to say, though, that for me personally, "The Nutritional Guide for Syndrome X" is the most helpful book I have ever read on health. It deals with insulin resistance and not FMS/CFS; however, many of us do have insulin resistance.

Love, Mikie
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am a huge fan of both of Dr. Devin Starlanyl's books ("Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome", and "The Fibromyalgia Advocate"). They are sold at Amazon's website bundled together, but you can buy them separately there & many places. These are the bibles on fibro! There are a lot of newer books out with some excellent ideas on causes, treatments, non-traditional care, etc., but these two books will really educate you on fibro, symptoms, types of care options, etc. I actually love her 2nd book almost more (the "Fibro. Advocate") because it does an excellent job of coaching you through the day-to-day existence with this illness----how to deal with friends & family, co-workers & bosses, your legal rights, and what every doctor you see (from your dentist to chiropractor to therapist to gynecologist, to E.R. doctor, etc.) should know about fibro in order to treat you effectively. I used to xerox pages to give to my dentist; he loved it, as he had several patients with fibro. I highly recommend these books, you'll learn a lot. They are excellent reference books on this illness!

Good luck,
    Pam
  5. musette

musette New Member

Thanks for the input! I now have actually ordered two books and hopefully I will "clear up" enough to read them when they get here. I have never been so confused or foggy as I have been lately. I just can't concentrate on anything. I wish I could hang out online all day and read all the posts because I wouldn't have to read any books, you guys usually come through! Have a great day, you guys are the best!

Musette
  6. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

hello , I just read another post abought a real good book called (THE Bible Cure for chronic fatique And Fibromyagia
    by Dr Ron Coldert Md, Sounds understandable ,
    cheack it out , i will
    cindy

[ advertisement ]