If I have BAD sugar cravings, do I have candida/yeast?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by phoebe1, Feb 16, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I have been wondering for a while about this, I read somewhere that if you have a craving for a specific food chances are that you are allergic to it.

I have really bad sugar cravings and sometimes feel like I would just die if I don't have a chocolate or cookie this instance. Can this be because I have a yeast in my intestines and I'm feeding and keeping it alive with sugar?

I have very bad IBS and feel bloated 24/7 especially when I eat stuff like ice-cream and pasta.
    Although this is not always the case, sometimes I can have a huge slab of chocolate without any side-effects, it's confusing, any ideas?

Thanks
    Phoebe
  2. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I'm not sure about the candida. Others can help you with that.

I do know a doctor told me sugar cravings can be a sign of poor liver function. Don't be alarmed, I'm not talking about serious liver problems. My dr. put me on some liver support supliments from Standard Process and told me to take dandelion and milk thistle extract. But that was for me.

craving sugar probably can be a sign of a lot of things. Are you seeing any kind of alternative medicine practtioner? If so, they can probably help. Or, you can do research on the internet.

I crave sugar, too, but since I started taking monolariun and bromalain, it has greatly lessoned. I'm so happy! Maybe I'll drop a few pounds!

desertfog
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

can be a sign of candidas. I've just started a candidas diet, stopped sugar two weeks ago, totally, no fruit juice, no fruit at the moment. I've worsening gut problems and have become so desparate that I've had to do something to get rid of it. So I've stopped sugar, wheat and dairy, I'm only 2 days into the diet (although I stopped sugar two weeks ago) and it's awful hard going. Iget IBS, bloated, flatulance, belching. I can never eat ice cream. I bought two books to give me advice though I've found that one would have done. The book I'm using is Chronic Candidiasis by Michael T Murray. I dont know if I can keep this going indefinately but I'm going to try. You'll find lots of Candidas stuff on Google too. I think you do have that problem. I went to my GP today and he suggested taking probiotics and was surprised I had already started on this diet. Good luck. I'll write back in a month or two and let you know how its going, you do likewise please.
  4. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Phoebe1

If I remember correctly you are on the guaifensin protocol. Do you remember reading the chapter on hypoglycemia in Dr St. Amand's book? There is a non medical questionaire on the site hypoglycemia with the usual ending. At the end of the questionaire you tally up your score and if it falls within a certain range you might want to try the hypoglycemia diet.

I didn't believe that I was hypoglycemic after I took the test because I scored on the low end. But, after trying the diet it has made a difference in how I feel. Hypoclycemics crave sugar and carbs. Now if I eat too many carbs and sweets it literally makes me nauseous. Give this some thought.

Jude
  5. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Desertfog, it is not impossible that I have poor liver function because I was on a very strong medication called Roaccutane for acne which is very hard on the liver, something to look into.

Rosiebud, I'm trying to cut out sugars and yeah, it's very hard and I fall of the wagon at least 3 times a week.
    I will let you know if I find a solution.

Jude, I followed the hypoglycemia diet from Dr.St Amand for a month and I got progressively worse on it, I felt absolutely horrible. I had mood swings, cravings, heartburn, nausea, fatigue, it mixed up my menstrual cycle and I had never in my life been that constipated.
    So after a month I decided to quit and after reading about candida I thought maybe it was because I was eating so much fruit that I was feeling so bad.
    Now I am just trying to take it in steps by first trying to eat less sugar, refined foods and white flour before cutting it out completely.

Thanks for all your advice
    Phoebe
  6. lauca49

lauca49 New Member

Phoebe: I have Candida Yeast Infection I remember that I was craving sugar for while and I do have Candida for almost 2 months. You have to quick eating sugar, yeast (bread) or anything made out of yeast anad white flower. I you can read the book The Yeast Connection is very good and tell you what to eat and not.
    Good Luck
    God Bless You
    Lauca
  7. Magellan

Magellan New Member

I was told that is actually a side effect of amitryptaline, which is why it sometimes causes weight gain.

8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

The same thing is happening to me! Mainly after I eat a regular meal, I almost go crazy wanting a bite of something with the more sugar the better. I know nothing about the candida or yeast thing some of you talk about. I guess I better find out about it. Jana