If I have to back-off

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Jan 15, 2003.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

what do I do in the meantime.
    Oh my aching back, legs, etc....
    Saw my pain doc today. I have had too much pain meds injected in the last month, so they have to back off for about 3 months. Said I would end up in the wheelchair again if I get too much meds and the bones will get brittle. Meantime, what do I do for the pain until then. Any suggestions. I already take my 16 pills a day and the pain patch every three days.
    Ouch. Soft hugs. Welcome suggestions.
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

You didn't say what you are taking for pain. Some other things I find helpful are heating pad, rice socks, epsom salts baths to name a few. I also do stretches which help keep my muscles from becoming so tight. In addition I see a massage therapist every week and also go to a chiropractor who does manual manipulation and Active Release Techniques. Some people also find help with PT.

Barbara
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I take skelaxan, vioxx, vicodin, etc...
    What are rice packs???
    I see a PT twice a week for the past 6 weeks. I have 6-8 more treatments. They take the edge off the pain for the day I get the treatments.
    Thanks for the help. Soft hugs.
  4. SharN

SharN New Member

You do have it bad, don't you. I'm the wrong one to give you advise. Mainly wanted to say I'm really sorry you are hurting so badly. I've had a couple bad spells with my knees that hurt so much I dreaded going to the bathroom! So, I kind of understand, other than that Vioxx, and a muscle relaxer helps me. When I hurt
    extra I use corn bags, (Some are made of beans.) heat them up, put them on them pain and take something to knock myself out. Doesn't take much for me, usually a PM something. I know not everyone has the freedom to do that so it's not very good advise. I hope you can keep moving and you don't get worse. Praying for you, SharN