If I paid for all my meds it would be $1500

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Apr 27, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's kind of scary.When you total dr visits etc.How about you.What's your guess of how much you pay to the pharmaceutical companys.Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

just for our son's testing and treatment for lyme and possible coinfections approximately $8,000 in 10 months...

V
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I have not had insurance for ten years, and I'm in good company. It was recently in the news that 40% of U.S. population is now uninsured. I avoid doctors like the plague, was taking a couple of supplements, none at this time. I have pain, but nowhere near severe as many here, so over the counter as little as possible.
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I usually try not to think about everything I'm taking and all the doctor visits.Medi-cal pays for 6 meds a month.I try to stagger some with a 3 month supply.I just got curious. $8000 in ten months.How did you do it.No,I won't pry.It's all worth it for your son.Linda
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

exactly our thoughts!

- he was/is worst off than me with many of the same symptoms but a whole lot more as well at only 16... now 18... hoping he turns a major corner soon!

All the best,
    Victoria
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I HAVE TO PAY AROUND 100.00 FOR AMBIEN CR EVERY MONTH. I ALSO PAY 100.00 FOR WELLBUTRIN ERVERY MONTH. NOT COUNTING TRAMADOL, IT'S ABOUT 30 SOMETHING A MONTH. ALSO TAKE A BETA-BLOCKER,IT'S ABOUT 30 SOMETHING A MONTH. ALSO TAKE DARVOCETT N 100 AND TIZANADINE, I GET THEM FILLED ABOUT EVERY 2 MONTHS. THEY ALSO COST ABOUT 30 SOMETHING A PIECE. THIS REALLY ADDS UP. I DON'T SEE HOW THEY CAN CHARGE THIS MUCH AND GET AWAY WITH IT. I THINK I PAY THE PHARMACIES UTILITIES. LOL!!!

KRIKET