If I use my arms, they ache.... and I can't take the heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justdifferent, Jun 20, 2012.

1. justdifferent

justdifferent New Member

I've been having this problem for years now. If I do anything that utilizes my arms for several minutes, they ache very badly for hours afterward. It can be doing laundry; or this morning - simply putting air in my car tires. I can use my hands constantly.

I used to think that this was due to lack of strength, but I'm surprisingly strong, according to my once-personal trainer. I can lift a lot of weight. But it's not weight that makes my arms hurt - it's simply using the entire arm versus the hand.

And the heat intolerance is just getting worse. Once I'm hot, I tend to stay hot and to pour sweat. I have to literally cover myself with ice and lie down. I'm not menopausal....

Anyone else with similar symptoms?
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I can relate. I too, have this problem with heat intolerance, sweating, and muscle weakness.

A couple of things you may want to consider. Myasthenia Gravis, and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, or a possible other autoimmune condition. I read a lot of personal patient accounts lately that they have found some of these conditions to come with, or after getting this illness.

My doctor has promised to test me for MG because of the muscle weakness. He has already tested me for MS, which is something you may want to consider as well. If you read about MG, many sources say that it does not cause pain. Many patients disagree with this. Especially if they have Fibro or ME/CFS.

Many of us have extreme temp intolerance. I can handle cold much better than heat. The heat/humidity absolutely drain me and amplify my symptoms.

I hope you have a doc who is willing to investigate this for you. It's so frustrating not having answers, or anyone willing to try find the answers for us.

I wish you all the best,