If I were a wealthy person..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jul 14, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Here is what I would do:

I would buy as much acreage as necessary, probably like 1000 acres in a lovely setting, Montana or Wyoming probably and build cabins everywhere with lovely walking paths (wheelchair accessible) and have beautiful azaleas and rhodedendreons and ferns and clematis and all the beautiful fragrant blooming greens and we would all move there and we would commune style live.

I would make wonderful soups and of course we would garden and I would use only the most wonderful organically grown vegies...........

We would all pool our talents and some would do massage for others, some would cook, clean, groc shop, we would all sit around watching comedies and reading and playing cribbage, whatever suited you.

We would help each other, we would pray, laugh, between all of us we would be able to meet our needs and those of us with understanding spouses could bring them along and they could do the tougher chores that we cannot like cutting firewood, taking us to dr appts, etc.

We would have to bring Madwolf along to be our doc.

That would be the best thing for all of us.

Jaci
  2. Hippen

Hippen New Member

Jaci, this idea is very nice and thoughtful. I appreciate that you would include all of us. Too funny I picture us as a bunch of flower children running or limping around barefoot....hehehehe. I see wildly painted buses in the background as we sit on the ground singing songs. We grow our own vegetables and have a cabinet full of Olive Leaf and all the other things we need to keep healthy. This is all very relaxing to think of...LOL. So, work on getting wealthy Chick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE.......Hippen
  3. Kim

Kim New Member

God bless you.
  4. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I sort of pictured the hippie "thang" too.

Yes, I have to be near the water, I go with fl.

Some horses for sure, they can do some leg work!!!!

With our sensitivities hopefully we will not hurt each other, alot of short tempers around.

I do enjoy kum-by-oh????what was that song again(girlscouts)?? Some toasted marshmellows,smore`s....

Just giving you a hard time, my girlfriend and I have spoke about this many times. We need to help each other.

For many of us it may be the only help we get for the rest of our lives...

Take Care....Hugggss
  5. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Great thoughts we have to keep those foggy brains a goin
  6. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I'd open a youth building here in my community. Complete with games, education center, library, and all that for all ages and complete families.
  7. gramof2

gramof2 New Member

I'm with you at the "ranch"! And yes, I think we all could qualify for admission in the flower generation. I would need to vote on lots of dogs for those great doggie kisses. I call mine an angel with four legs.

When I am in so much pain I can't stand it, Rosie jumps up and slobbers me till I forget everything else. May I add better than my hubbie???? haha

God bless and gentle hugs
  8. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

wouldn't that be terrific. No one who doesn't believe us is allowed in! I can do the gardening!! I'm ready, let's go!
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

but we can only do a little flower power stuff, I am picturing something more serene and music like enya, anne murray, the carpenters, andy williams, and comfortable clothing for us cuz of our achey bodies, we will have all the time in the world for relaxation and healing, we need things to be on a very slow pace and very comforting and calm, we all have adrenaline problems and the way to get well & be relaxed in our existence is not with rock music and anything that will put any of us on edge. I am sorry but if I am the founder then I set the mood. See, there we go already having problems getting along. YOu can all decorate your cabin as you like, lava lamps, black lights and beads are great in your space. We must not have any pot smoking either as Madwolf is coming as our healer and he will not give us our really good drugs if we mess around with the other stuff. I picture all of us working a few hrs a day at whatever is our commitment for the good of all but the rest is just to focus on our needs.

I swear if I could I would do this, someone has to do something like this cuz honestly what the heck are we all gonna do, I am 42 and obviously I need medical attn my entire life and how in the world do people get by with no income, ss is a joke, if you get it after yrs of the agony to get it approved it is a pittance to live on, not to mention the cost of all our meds, I think the govt is probably having to start paying attn to us as we are probably starting to really have an impact on the health care system, ss, rest homes, etc. As our population grows we are only destined to become more of a drain on social services. I honestly do not know what I would do if I did not have my hubby to take care of me, I used to have a wonderful career that I loved as all the rest of you and now I cannot work, I am sure I never will again and stupid me just like a lot of you I thought I was invincicble and I never prepared for the future, if I were smart I would have gone to college, been a teacher or something, anything with bennies as I could have one retirement at least under my belt but no, I lived for the now. If my hubby was not taking care of me I would be in the streets. No food, car, no income, nothing. The thought of it overwhelms me as I have no one that I can count on to take care of me, no parents, Scott's surely would not take pity on me, they think I am a lazy gold digger now, if he were gone they would wash their hands of me.

What do people do?????

Jaci
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2003]
  10. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Sounds all good to me love most of the artists you mentioned. I listen to old peoples music half the time since it is much more calming.

Yep, I am on my own, my meds if I was to take what I am suppossed to for stomach,cholesterol,osteo.,etc. not even including neurontin and injections. They are 3x what I make per mo. I had just got my business going and made in a hr. or 2 what I make in a month now. Was living off investments, which all went in the toilet during this last administration. So I soon could be on the streets. Had the big home and 2 paid for, brand new cars alsways.

Now, I have sold off most everything, even my little sport car. Though I prob. could not get out of now anyway without a dang pulley. My legs are wothless even though I workout.

How long can I stand on the corner with a tin-cup? About as long as maybe 16 cents worth. I would flash, but getting a little to saggy for that. When I was a perky DD could have given it a shot. I live in fl. so most have bad eyesight.
    Could have brought in a few more bucks then.

Now a days if I was laying on the sidewalk, most would just walk over me or steal my 16cents.

I ask myself all the time what the heck am I going to do?

So a noce commune sounds pretty good. As I said, my friend and I have talked about it if we had the cash.
  11. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I have often thought how wonderful it would be
    if there could be some kind of community
    for those of us with these dreadful problems.

Your plan sounds nice except for the fragrant
    flowers! I love flowers but am allergic to the smells.
    Otherwise, let me know when you start taking
    reservations.
    Lynn