If I'm dreaming, why am I still sleepy all day???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Feb 16, 2006.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

I thought the goal was to get us to REM sleep so therefore if we dream we've hit REM and should be rested. That's the theory right?? Well I have been dreaming up a storm for the last several nights and am still exhausted. I mean BONE WEARY!!! I'm tired, I'm sleepy, I want to go to bed right now. I don't want to finish the work day, I don't want to have to go pick up my daughter at after school care, I don't want to "rehash" the day with my husband, I don't want to decide on dinner, I don't want to help daughter with homework. I hate that I don't want to do any of that. All I want to do is SLEEP!! I fantasize about being hospitalized so something minor just so I could sleep for days and days on end. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have anything wrong with me, I would just like a valid excuse to sleep for a week.

It seems to me that sleep is becoming more important to me than my family. That is PITIFUL!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Im more tired when I dream....I dunno!
    It's almost like my brian is so active, it doesn't rest itself.
    I hope we can get some feedback on this!
    Take care, hope you get some restful sleep!
    :) Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  3. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

i also dream when i am barely asleep. and sometimes it will be a few hours after i layed down and im not sure if i slept or just saced out hmmmmm.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

My personal, uneducated opinion is that it is possible to dreams too much and/or too disruptively. I have slept poorly and thought that I dreamed too much all of my life. Since developing CFS, the dreams have become more unpleasant and possibly more frequent.
  5. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

I HAVE A TOUGH TIME WITH DREAMS TOO. I FEEL SO TIRED THE NEXT DAY. LAST NIGHT I TOOK A SLEEPING MED AND I FELT SO
    GROGGY AND SPACED OUT ALMOST ALL DAY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S
    WORST?

I HOPE YOU CAN GET SOME REST SOON.

MARIBELLA
  6. aeparkertx

aeparkertx New Member

It so amazing to hear others say the same things I think about! This week has been particularly rough for me - lots of very stressful dreaming, no rest at all.

I always kind of thought this coincided with my monthly cycle (I noticed its always worse around that time), but I'm so interested to hear what others have experienced!
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I used to think like you do that if you dream a lot, why am I not feeling rested? I've always dreamed a lot and my dreams are usually pretty vivid. I had a sleep study done a couple of years ago and I am getting almost no stage 4 sleep, which is your deepest stage of sleep. This is also the stage that your body heals itself. So even if you sleep most of the night, if you don't get enough of the stage 4 sleep, you are going to feel really tired.

I think most of us feel like you do-we would love to just sleep for days on end! I am fortunate in that I only work mornings now so I can take a nap in the afternoon. That really helps with my energy levels.

Please don't be hard on yourself. It's hard to show an interest in anything when you are so exhausted.

Ellen
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MoosesMom:
    I get the same way. When i want to sleep I get in a chair and watch aimless tv so I do not fall asleep. I take three pills for sleeping at night. The doc told me never to sleep during the day, so I am exhausted at bedtime.
    I sympathize with you...I wish I could help more, but that is my experience.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan