IF IT ENDS IN "OSE"? DOES THAT MEAN...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Sep 24, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

also in the supplements we take that have cellulose and all the words that end in "ose" in the inert ingredients? I've been wondering because when I was taking stuff like Ambein it has Lactose!! Talk about headaches!!! Major ones. And also Benydryl has lactose. It also gave me headaches. And the magnesium with malic acid has stuff that ends in "ose". Gave me fatigue and pain. Anything I have noticed that gave me the fatigue and pain and headaches that I was taking or eating, ended in "ose." When I stopped, it went away. Dextrose is bad too. It also gave me headaches which is in some of the artificial sweetners and bacon!!! I use to love to eat bacon!! Not now...anyway I just wondered about the supplements...thanks!!!! pammy
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

also in the supplements we take that have cellulose and all the words that end in "ose" in the inert ingredients? I've been wondering because when I was taking stuff like Ambein it has Lactose!! Talk about headaches!!! Major ones. And also Benydryl has lactose. It also gave me headaches. And the magnesium with malic acid has stuff that ends in "ose". Gave me fatigue and pain. Anything I have noticed that gave me the fatigue and pain and headaches that I was taking or eating, ended in "ose." When I stopped, it went away. Dextrose is bad too. It also gave me headaches which is in some of the artificial sweetners and bacon!!! I use to love to eat bacon!! Not now...anyway I just wondered about the supplements...thanks!!!! pammy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

However, my understanding is that cellulose, which is plant material, is not digested but just passes through the system as fiber. It is used as filler in many medications.

Love, Mikie
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

When I wrote that anything ending in "ose" is bad, I forgot about cellulose, which is a good thing! I just meant that sugars end in "ose" and they are all bad for us, as Mikie correctly pointed out. Don't worry about a miniscule amt. in a pill though! I doubt that would cause trouble.
    Klutzo
  5. xanderlee

xanderlee New Member

Ose is a term that is put at the end of words to identify them as a carbohydrate..usually a sugar ie glucose, cellulose(used in cellulose cell walls of plant cells), lactose, fructose etc..all sugar forms and yes cellulose is only ever partially digested. Hope ths helps
    Gaynor