If it is rare, unique, or different it happens to me :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I went to the dentist today as instructed by the PA dentist.

My new dentist said my new teeth are 2 sizes to big and wlll never fit me. He wanted me to go back to PA to the one that made them to have them make me a new pair.

I told him that was not possible. SO now I have to go 3 weeks without my dentures so my gums can heal and he will remold me and make a new pair, at no charge. He was really a great and caring Dr and said he will get me straight.

He reworked my uppers so I can wear them in public, the bottoms can be worn with a product I have to go buy, but only for public. When at home, the teeth have to be left out.

The lowers have already caused several sore areas and blisters. I have to rinse with salt water all day and keep the gums moist. Plus Q-tip the areas with peroxide.

I was so disappointed, but I can see the road ahead that I will be better off and really change my looks, it took at least 5 years off of me with the bad teeth. So when they fit right it should be 10, I can always dream,lol.

He said this is rare because the bones in my mouth were unusal in shape and the dr in PA had to remove the extra bone to even everything out.

The person making the teeth were working with a mold prior to pulling the teeth and did the best they could with what they had.

So that was my day, I guess it will be a while before I get that steak I had my eye on. I hope everyone's day was better than mine. CArla

2. TKE

TKE New Member

Sorry, but it's crap they made your dentures 2 sizes too big. They should have fit or been able to be adjusted, even if you had to have bone removed.

I had a mold taken of my teeth prior to having them pulled. Wanted mine to look like my real teeth. I had immediate denture insert right after surgery & I even had stitches! My upper fit perfectly! I had to go back & have bone wedges removed on upper jaw so my lower partial would fit right.

I also can't believe they have you using peroxide....my oral surgeon told me not to... as it destroys tissue. He gave me a tube of some gel stuff that would promote healing. Sorry, but I can't remember the name of it.

New dentures always cause sores. The dentist or lab tech can make a quick adjustment so they don't rub. Anytime you get a sore do not let it go. Call the dentist & get an apt ASAP or you can end up with an ulser.

Yep you'll look years younger & just LOVE that new smile :).

Oh as for the steak....well you have to learn to eat all over again & take smaller bites, so when you do get to the point you can eat steak ENJOY each bite ;). Heck I can even eat corn on the cob & I use no denture adhesive. Biting into an apple is a bit harder tho, but I manage.

3 weeks will seem like a life time, but hang in there & soon you'll be eating all those yummy foods.

Toy

3. ckball

ckball New Member

The dentist didn't tell me to use peroxide. That was my own decision. I didn;t think it could hurt. But I guess I will just stick to salt water.

I am glad dentures have worked you all. I know in time.... I just have to be patient. Carla
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope you are continuing to do well. Hope you won't have
    to endure any extra expense due to this problem? Most
    likey as I mentioned before, the Hemochromatosis was
    a big factor in this.

Do you know what became of the Puppy you so warmly fought
    to save before the trip you made?

Hope ya have a good day!
    MRDAD