If one more person says....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Apr 26, 2006.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

If one more person says to me, "well, so and so has fibromyalsia and they are doing fine. I don't understand why you have so many problems".

NOBODY GETS IT!

I just get so frustrated when I hear this that I could just scream.

Oh ya, another one is "well at least you're not dieing".

Do any of you have any quotes you get from others that just bother the hell out of you?
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Me too.. I am so sick and tired of well so so does exercise everyday and she is doing great..

My god people I would LOVE to exercise my I am so not well like so and so..

And the well maybe you should try.... it made so and so better..

grrrr.................

Tracy
  3. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

You know if you just kept a steady pace instead of stopping you'd never feel tired.....

or......you don't look sick.........or........have you seen a psychiatrist maybe it's all in your head and your not dealing with something from your past (a friend said this to me when I was diagnosed with skin cancer) or.......fm is not a disease your faking

Cori
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"You need to exercise."

This from a friend who has been disabled longer than I. But the cause is different, i.e. his problem is more legitimate than mine.

No wonder I seldom visit.
  5. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

The ones I hear most is you have always been sick you need to excercise you need to lose weight. They actually act disgusted with me.The worse one Is from my 24 yr ols son who said, You got sick by copying my husbands Illnes,, which is fybro. NOt on purpose but just being around someone who is sick mentally and who is depressed. Can you believe that? HE doesnt say it in a mean way but he trully never has believed my hubby .The only difference is I was always very active which my hubby tended to be lazy before he was sick. Ruthie
  6. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

The other day, I went to help a friend whose house was hit by a tornado. I did what I could, and rested when I felt like it. My daughter and some of her friends helped also and they sat down to eat a bite. One of the men pointed to his wife and said, "That woman is three times older than all of you and she's still going." He had already made a smart remark earlier when the kids stopped for a drink. I just bit my tongue. I hate the look I get when I tell people I have fms and it's not even worth the trouble.
  7. JoaneWing

JoaneWing New Member

My best friend just told me to take a nap. Right---like a one hour nap will rejuvenate me when 12 hours of sleep can not. You have to have this disease in order to understand it.
    Good wishes to all,
    Joan
  8. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

luv2float,

This subject drives me crazy. My stepmother says that she has fms, ( i have doubts...) and she doesn't suffer from any of the symptoms. But she'll try to preach to me on what I should do and not do to feel better. I hate that!!! I don't hate her, we get along otherwise but I know it confuses my dad a lot. She doesn't suffer and I do. I just try to avoid the topic if we're visiting because she just doesn't get it.

YOu're not alone, I'm with you on this...

I hate it when people say " well, you look fine"
    or when they ask what's wrong and they say " isn't that just pain?"

Just PAIN? No one likes to be in this much pain..

Those are two quotes that irritate me.

Tanya
  9. Callum

Callum New Member

"... gee, I'm tired a lot, I bet I have chronic fatigue." What I wouldn't give to feel "tired!"
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My oldest son has told me on more than one occasion that there is really no such thing as fibro. That it is a name that Drs. made up to cover anything that they can not decide for sure what it is. They do not get it.