If only there was a Sleep Fairy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1faith, Oct 4, 2006.

1. 1faith

1faith New Member

What do ya'll do for a full night of sleep? I am sooo tired-I think if I could just sleep all night I would be better. I get to sleep okay-lasts 3 to 4 hours-then if I want to finish the night I have to take Benadryl. HELP Please!
  2. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I have tried many things, both OTC and prescription. The only thing that works for me is Ambien.

If that Sleep Fairy happens along, send it my way too!

Good luck,
    Kat
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

but I still want to sleep all day. 12 hours a day seems to do it!!! I need a non-sleep fairy!

TerryS
  4. 1faith

1faith New Member

I've got one of those-she's 2.haha Is Ambien habit forming? (I don't know if I really care at this point)
  5. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Ambien can be habit forming, but I have been taking it for about a year straight and have had no trouble with it. There are prescription sleep meds that are not, just ask your doctor what to try.

Kat
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

There IS a sleep fairy. She visits me every night, without fail. Her name is L-Tryptophan. Itis an amino acid, which the body uses to make seratonin. But it only works with Vit B-6. This is so the seratonin is converted in the brain, not the intestines. Take this AWAY proteins, as they will compete for uptake in the brain. I take it on any empty stomach just before I want to go to sleep. I have been using it for about 5 or 6 years.

Some other things that are helpful. They are GABA, Valerian Root, Scullcap, passionflower, L-Threanine, 5HTP, Melatonin. They all come together in a product called REST & RESTORE, which I buy online from Fibro & Fatigue Center.

There are probably some other brands which combine several of these ingredients. I would say the most important in this mixture is the GABA. If I run out of REST & RESTORE, I just take plain GABA, from Vitamin World.

Works GREAT for me.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I call it, Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  8. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

that's what my sleep fairy is called!
  9. 1faith

1faith New Member

Georgia after reading your reply I'll bet I'm not the only one that just wants to come over to your house tonight!haha Even reading that made me feel peaceful! I appreciate so much everyone's input. I suspect everyone here understands when I fuss about how horrible its been lately. Thanks again. And Georgia-do you have enough room for us all?
  10. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

LOL I love this thread!

I posted one time asking for the Good Fairies to come and clean my house while I was sleeping! Maybe I insulted The Fairies because they started boycotting my house!

Now I have the Amitriptyline Fairy come to my house each night!

I am like Georgia I have a very important bedtime routine. First is my Blue sleepy pills at 8:00, then a soak in a hot bath, cozy jammies in my fleezy sheets, spray my neck and chest with "That Stuff for Pain", a fan on low to hum quietly and block out the noises in the house and into bed.

I am also like a baby in that I have to have the same routine at bedtime and I try to go to bed at the same time each night.

Being able to sleep again is such a blessing I will never take it for granted again!

hugs all
    Redwillow
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

I used to be able to put myself into a nice, calm hypnotic sleep. I'm going to start practicing that again because I don't want to take more pills.
  12. dononagin

dononagin New Member

at my house we call her Tylenal PM!