If someone from this board dies, is there anyway to know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 16, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I have often wondered how many people have died from complications from fms or cfids. Is there any way to know?

I guess one way would be to leave a note so that someone could let this board know.

Anyone know?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For my kids to let Shirl and Nanna know if something happens to me. They would let y'all know.

Love, Mikie
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I think it would be a good idea to designate a friend or family member to come on Immune Support and let a moderator know.

I have asked my wife to do this, should something ever happen to me (not that I'm expecting to kick the bucket any time soon!)

This board goes way beyond being merely a site of information and exchange. I feel that I have made wonderful friends here.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

In fact, even if your computer breaks down, it might be a good idea to have a friend or family member let the board know. I had to send mine out for repair for almost three weeks.

Not having my computer for that long seemed like a fate worse than death.

Kholmes
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Letting a family member have the name of this site and asking them to "join" as a member and then announce that "so-and-so" has died? (By username)

Great idea!!!!

I often wonder where oldies went all of a sudden, and get anxious about them if they don't return.

I have a file called When I Die and it gives a list of things I'd like done in order to let others know.

One is to send an email to my entire mailing list of "personals"/mass mailing list telling when services, funeral, etc., are being held.

Another is an email I wrote, to be sent to the National CFIDS Foundation (ncf-net dot org), which has a Memorial List on their website. It gives a brief history of my CFS and FM illness, brief bio and cause of death, if known.

Thank you so much for this post; you are right, we care about each other and can be anxious about it also. This could help us understand when a name suddenly quits joining us.

findmind
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

go through my email addresses and send a email to all. Said to do it in groups. People that disappear from emails or sites bother me very much.

I miss Orachel and Doxy. But I think Doxy is busy with new job responsibites.
    I will have to add this site to be notified also.....50 yrs. from now.....LOL.............Susan
  7. im in the uk,and have been suffering from fibromyalgia and ME/chronic fatigue syndrome for 12 years now.

in the event of my death,,should it be due to these illnesses,ive instructed my family to allow a autopsy to be carried out on my body,and to let you good people know of the results.

if my death can help make someone else better,then you can be sure i will be smiling down on you all.

god bless
    fran
  8. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

That anyone would miss me. Not asking for pity just stating facts. I am one that learns not teaches. So I read a lot. I don't know enough to really help anybody.

So that said.... I really like what you said Fran, about the autopsy. I might just do that myself. That is one way that I could pay back all of the wonderful people who have helped me on this board.

I would also like for my family to know in case I could help them.

Jodi
    [This Message was Edited on 06/17/2006]
  9. findmind

findmind New Member

Regarding autopsies, I don't think they do them automatically, do they?

If one gets pneumonia with CFS and dies, wouldn't they just list that as the cause of death?

I think autopsies are only when there is a question as to why a person died; or I guess the family would have to pay to have one done.

If anyone does have surgery (or an autopsy, if it comes to that!), the National CFIDS Foundation needs tissue samples for research they are funding. More info is at their organization site of ncf-net dot org, I'm sure.

This feels a bit ghastly right now, but we face pain so bravely, I think we're up to this honest topic, don't you?

There's hope in the air!
    findmind