If These Moving Icons Annoy You...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can turn them off. Many of our newer members probably do not realize that the movement can be turned off. You just click on Edit Profile in the upper right-hand corner here and at the bottom is a choice of having the animation. Be sure to click on Update Profile when you are through. If you haven't filled in your profile, why not take this chance to do it. You can even add a picture to your profile if you would like.

I cannot tolerate the movement because of sensory overload; if I were not able to shut down the animation, I would not be able to use this board.

Love, Mikie
  2. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I think I've followed your instructions. I've clicked on Edit Profile. Scrolled down to uncheck the animation box and clicked on Update Profile. But everytime I come back to the board, the icons are still moving.

What am I doing wrong?
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you are not logged on, the icons will move, but I don't think you can edit the profile without logging on. I suggest you use the link below and ask the tech dept to help you with this.

Love, Mikie
  4. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

You might need to log out & then log back in to get it to take the change. I did.
  5. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

Beeleaf, you were absolutely right. I did need to log off and back in again. Your suggestion is much appreciated.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

About to have a seizure from all the movement :)

Love, Mikie
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

You know what drives me crazy? Those people who put their turn signals on and then forget to turn them off. If I'm behind them on the highway it drives me nuts! I have to try to pass them. Does this happen to anyone else?

Annette2
  8. healing

healing New Member

This is just wonderful! I have been SO annoyed with these -- wondering why a board devoted to people with problems like ours would support this type of irritating frivolity. I know some people really love them, so I don't want to be a grouch about it, but like you, I find my eyes overwhelmed by them and have to avert my eyes to avoid being overloaded. Thank you thank you.
  9. CrazyHorseLady

CrazyHorseLady New Member

Mikie
    I'm new here and thank you, thank you, thank you...those icons were driving me batty !!

CrazyHorseLady
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I thought I was going to have to leave the board. I simply cannot tolerate them. We have so many new members that it just occured to me that many do not know they can turn them off.

For more good info on using this website, go to the upper right-hand corner and click on New To Boards? Lots of good info there.

Love, Mikie
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping those who hate the green buggy thing and all the rest :)

Love, Mikie
  12. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

I didn't realize that anybody else had trouble with flashing stuff like banners and buttons and icons. I thought I was just being a party pooping naysayer. Thanks Mikie!
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So many new members that this needs to stay up front for a while.

Love, Mikie
  14. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Bumping cause it's already went to the 2nd page again. Want everyone to have a chance to read it.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator