If these muscle twitches don't stop I may just lose it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 31, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Lol. Sometimes all of the symptoms just get so old. Since yesterday I've had a MAJOR muscle twitch in my abdomen. It's actually the upper right part, towards the bottom of my rib cage. It comes and goes, but it's really getting annoying now. I get muscle twitches in some of the strangest places, but this definitely takes the cake.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Muscle twitches is a classic symptom of lyme. You don't have to suffer with this forever. You might want to get the igenex western blot test to check for lyme. 50% of people with lyme do not remember getting bit by a tick

best of luck
    j
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Thank you, jar. I have an appointment on monday to see my PCP. My infectious disease doc feels that my fevers are too high to be caused by CFIDS. So, he wanted my PCP to re-evaluate me. One of the things I'm going to ask for is to be tested for Lyme. I've been tested in the past, but not with the Igenex. So, I'm going to request for him to test me with that, and pray that something comes up. Especially with all that I'm hearing about Lymes disease and most people not getting the rash or even remembering being bitten.

Thanks again and gentle hugs to you.

Kim
  4. twitcher

twitcher New Member

They're everywhere, drives me nuts. They come and go. I can have them all over my body one day then none the next. Very annoying.
  5. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

In the beginning of my CFS, I had muscle twitches too. Just these little twitches happening in muscle everywhere in my body. I haven't had them now for probably the last 3 years, so hopefully your will calm down too eventually.

Barb
  6. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Glad to see you take charge! You might want to visit the Igenex site and have the IgG and IgM test sent to your house. They will send it for free and no payment till bloodwork is sent in. Do not mess with the PCR test as it is not reliable. The tests mentioned above should be around 200.00 or less.

Have lab work sent in by Wednesday as they don't accept blood work sent on Thursday.

Don't settle for anything less then Igenex. Many think the other test or reliable and they aren't.

Keep us posted on this site or the lyme message board on your results

hugs
    jar
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  7. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

are a symptom of lyme. They can sometimes be helped by extra magnesium. Blessings. Jen102
  8. gnanny

gnanny New Member

sometimes seem to be worse when I am tired...or maybe its just that they bother me more then.
    Often I find some releif with a naturopathic remedy of Traumeel. It seems to loosen tight muscles. It comes in drops or small tablets you melt under the tongue.

I got mine online from Heel. My husband loved them and used it after his carpal tunnel surgery.

best wishes, stephanie
  9. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

When my muscle twitches start becoming a nuisance, I'll take some magnesium. It really helps with that.
  10. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have to say, this is the longest I've had a muscle twitch in one single area. And it's a very stubborn one, it just keeps coming back. Has anyone tried muscle relaxants for the muscle twitches? I'm wondering if maybe I need to call my doctor for something. My abdominal muscles are twitching so badly that it's now beginning to make me nauseated.

Never a dull moment, lol.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  11. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i think this is considered muscle twiches i could actually see my leg twitching as if it had a heart beat

it was to weird to watch
  12. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Yup. The best way I can find to describe it is that it feels like popcorn popping under your skin. Like, when I get it in my arms or legs, it's not my whole arm or leg moving, it's just isolated areas of the muscle that twitches. It almost feels like when you're pregnant and you can feel the baby kick, except it's in other places of your body, lol.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim

P.S. oh, and I still have the twitching. If it doesn't stop in a few hours, I'm going to call doc and see about getting a muscle relaxant. My abdomen is starting to get sore from it.
  13. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I had a "lazy eye" as a child and when I am tired, it tends to droop. It is noticable on pictures. It twitches when I am feeling tired or nervous. I also experience like a baby kicking in my gut. The bowel tends to actually move, twitch. I have learned to ignore it. I use to get upset and make it worse. If I ignore it and remain calm, it will eventually go away. We all seem to have what is unique to our individual selves.