If this were your last day of being 59, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Jul 2, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So tomorrow I will be 60. 60! So hard to believe. My mind hasn't changed, but looking in the mirror and looking at pictures...it's true.

I have to pack to go someplace, but what would you do to ring out a decade?

I would like to be on a lake, riding in a boat. I would love to have a banana split. I would love to go back to FL and swim in the Atlantic. Love the warm water. The Pacific is so cold. I would love to....???

So much. I have been a blessed person.

Still, I have never had a problem with becoming a year older, but this seems momentous.

Anyway, looking forward to answers. One thing I'm not doing today is looking back and evaluating. My mind is not in a good space for that. I'll save that for another day. (-:

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Happy Birthday Tommorow! Hope you Have a marvoulas day!,,,,,,,,,,,,,60's just a # as they say ,,,but i understand!,,,,50 is right around the corner for me,,can't believe it eigther!,,,,,,,Let's see,,,,,How bout a shopping spree just for yourself,,,,,,a really nice dinner and then relax in a spa somwhere ,,,,and eat ice scream!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Us Boomers Have to live in the Here and Now!,,,,Lolol,,,,Sis
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I think all birthdays are great to have and especially those ones that come every decade. My perfect birthday would be on a cruise ship somewhere in the Carribean with all of my kids and grandaughter present. No presents, just surrounded by those I love living "de vida loca"!

Whatever your day brings, may it bring lot's of happiness. P
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

A cruise...ice cream...day spa.

I did just have a myofascial release therapy session and my left hip and leg are feeling much better. Ahhhh!

Must go mow the lawn now. Tomorrow, I get to go to the dentist and then travel. Birthday celebrations will have to wait for a bit, I fear.

Hey, can we be too busy to get old? (-:

Each of you take your suggestions for me and do them for you. Maybe you can't go on a cruise right now, but do something fun. Like Sis said...we have to live in the here and now.

Love you guys,
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had a REALLY difficult time turning 50 last year. Fifty one wasn't as big as deal.

Sixty for us, isn't like it was for our parents, etc. While I know this, I will still SPAZ out at sixty. LOL

Maybe Ben and Jerry need to visit tonight! Along with hanging with the 'dudes', reflect back on all of the, many, wonderful moments, that have happened over each decade in your life. Just the positive, not the negative on your birthday! You are special. So is the day you were born on!

It is so much easier written then done. While I don't like being another year older each year; after my surgery I have found I much prefer being older than not having the chance. Of course, I will forget all of this on my 60 birthday! LOL

You are an extremely accomplished, intelligent and loving soul. If not for your birthday, I would never have had the chance to know you. Or to appreciate your wit (which is so excellent!),your friendship and wisdom.

I thank God for your birthday, and for you!!! Do whatever you want, with or without Ben and Jerry! Celebrate your uniqueness! You are a gift to so many. Let youself acknowledge and agree with this!

You are loved, by many. I wish you many beautiful days, and decades, for the years ahead. Spazing out, is definitly acceptable..... !!

Much, much love,

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'll just go and spaz out! With some Ben and Jerry's...oh, that sounds nummy! I'll plan on dieting sometime. It used to be so easy to be thin. What happened? Look at the age, ding dong! (-: Guess that is something.

So, waiting for Jim to arrive home from Santa Barbara...a 12 hour drive in the Dodge diesel truck is not fun at all. I must meet him in about a half hour at our storage shed to store the treasures he brought from his parents' house.

I am so glad you are well...you are right about aging...like my cousin says, "It beats the alternative." Knowing that you even have gained a few pounds, while I know it is distressing, means you are healing and recovering so well. Such wonderful news.

Thank you for your friendship and your wit! Wow, girl...you've got it.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

--and there are a lot of good suggestons here! --

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

all the best,

8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I made it. I'm 60!

I also have a whole new perspective....

All the things that happened in my 50's that I don't have to do again:

Burying 3 parents
    Dealing with a druggie son and his awful wife (son is way straightened out and has a wonderful wife.)
    Mental/Physical breakdown
    Living alone
    Worrying about money. Diane, I remember when I was young, I thought about how old I would be in 2000...and I thought I'd be OLD...addled...who could be that old?

Well, it's me.

Best to all for a good 4th. Go celebrate your dreams while whenever you have a chance. God is good.

Wow...I could go on, but you get the drift. Looks like a whole new horizon...my husband is retiring and we are moving and building a new house. Sixty is looking better and better all the time.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

PS...my addled brain. I started another line after I looked back to see something and the thought is in the middle of the other thought. So...

Good luck making sense of this! (-: Hey, at least I caught it.
  9. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I hope you did whatever you wanted to do even if its under the covers in bed!!!!!!

Iam 57 and each year is special for the alternative isnt much hey?????

let us know what you decided.....

angel hugs and loving light

10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

In Chico...playing in the swimming pool with grandson and parents.

Loving life right now.

You are all great folks. Life is good.

11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I think that 60 is a momentous birthday too, I'm fast approaching......2 years.

Never had a problem with 40 or 50 but 60 seems so old, yet today it isn't, its the new 40.