If we hurt this much now, who's scared to get "Old"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruinz, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Who out there is scared like I am to get old?

If we hurt this much now, what will old age feel like?

A scared

Bruinz

2. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

But I will keep hope alive for a miracle from the Lord. I know a man who wore glasses for years and hated it. He told God about it on a regular basis. One day, he noticed he didn't need them anymore - he was 71...so I'll always keep hoping.

In the meantime, I will take any supplement and home remedy
    that I can afford to take without going broke or making symptoms worse.

Hoping always,
    abluv
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Me! I worry about how much worse I am going to get. I have a cousin who is 10 years older than me and she is so much worse!

Now that the cold weather is coming (yes I am Canadian too, see my Canadian toque on my emoticon, lol) I am noticing the aches and pains are really settling in! Bah humbug!

hugs Redwillow
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I'm still holding out hope, also, that there will be more research in these areas, and more info, so that in the next 20 or so years, most of us will have major break-throughs in our treatment plans.

I am 54, have had this for 2 years now, and honestly, if I were to dwell on the fact that in 10 or more years I'd be much WORSE, I could end up on the deep end, and that just isn't a good place to go. PG
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm afraid I'll just give into the pain meds

the drugs
  6. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Thanks for the reply, you have such a good outlook.
    You sure seem to have gone threw a lot and keep it together.

I will keep wishing for a cure, but each year takes a little more away.

Thanks

Bruinz
  7. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Like you I was inflicted early in life. The diagnosis came much later. I guess men don't get FM/CFS according to the doctors I saw before getting one with some brains.

My fingers and toes are crossed for some real relief or cure.

Wishing you a pain free day

Bruinz
  8. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Thanks

It's getting cold here in my part of Canada. I like your toque. lol

Were in Canada can I buy a toque that covers my whole body. lol

Thanks

Bruinz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
  9. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I am holding hope alive as well.

20 years I have been suffering, not thrilled with the thought of another 40 years if a cure doesn't come.

Wishing you a pain free day

Bruinz
  10. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

So is it worse now that your there?

Wishing you a pain free day.

Bruinz
  11. homesheba

homesheba New Member

know that i am to an extent-
    tho i wnt to cause even with all the pain,
    i love my life, tho not all the sickness.
    when i am feeling kinda strongi get to teach and
    do ladys meetings at churchs and prisons and jails and all kinds of stuff.
    other wise,
    i do feel like if a cure or more help isnt found soon, i dont know if i will live long cause
    it is taking a toll on me in different areas of the old bod.:)
  12. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

I am 32, been hurting for years. I am afraid. I am afraid to increase my pain meds for fear they will no longer work one day. I am afraid of not being well enough to be there for my children as they grow up or for my grandchildren one day. I am scared that eventually I will just give up....

But for now, I am fighting. I am in school, I love the work I do, and I have hope. Hopefully I can hang on to all that for many years to come.

Misty
  13. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I know what you mean about maybe not being there for your kids one day. My kids are almost adults now and some of that pressure is off.

I felt like such a failure alot of times because of this illness.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to hang in there. I hope you will be able to stay in school.

Thanks

Bruinz
  14. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

there will definitely be a cure or at least much better treatments available for us in the future.

yes, getting old with FM does scare me...but I don't know what the future holds for me in any department, so I just gotta hang in there.
  15. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I would be happy with the world accepting that this illness is real. I don't even know if that will happen.

I sure hope a cure is around the corner.

Thanks

Bruinz
  16. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have now made it to 60 and doing BETTER than a few years ago. All my problems started when I was 29, with a disc problem. Had back surgery and was doing ok for about 5 years and then OA set in to the back and hip and knee. When I was 50, I was diagnosed with FM as well. So for 31 yrs. I have NEVER been pain FREE, but life is good.

There are so many meds out there now that can help. Just don't waste your life worrying about growing old.

My GF and I do that sometimes, and we ARE old lol
  17. gnanny

gnanny New Member

If I knew it was going to hurt this much I would have taken better care of myself.

Smile....
  18. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just kidding....I know what you mean! Now that I have Leukemia, my goal is to still be alive on my 25th wedding anniversary (it'll be year 24 in January...).

I, too, used to wonder what "old age" would be like with FM...now, I will be grateful for every year I get to celebrate a birthday.

Hope there's a cure on the horizon for FM, so everyone can look forward to enjoying those "sunset years", as they say...

Hugs,
    Pam
  19. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Seriously, you young ones are the lucky ones. There will be help for you, I just know it.

Marta
  20. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am 53 but for the last 8 years I have felt like I am in my 90's