If you could give your illnesses to 1 person for 1 day....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenni4736, Jun 26, 2006.

1. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

We always say people can not and do not understand how much pain we are in.

So my question is this.

If you could give you illness to one person for just one day...who would you choose and why?

For me, it would be my sister. She is very judgemental and thinks I just need to exercise and loose weight. SHe has never had more than a cold. SHe has been able to eat what she wants and never gain weight. I wish I could give this for a day (or maybe even a week ) to make her REALLY understand what I go through.

Jenni
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Mine would be the B****** who abused me for many years,but one day wouldn't cut it he needs to take it for life!
    Take Care hon
    Love & hugs,
    Mary
  3. dorabella

dorabella New Member

my worst enemy - then she'd really have something to winge and moan about!
  4. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Good post Jenni!

I thought and thought about who I would give this to for a day... and I couldn't narrow it down to one person. I would give it to all the people who call me or have called me in the past a hypochondriac!

Then they would know that my pain is real and not something I am making up...

Val
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I would give it to my current MD and my ex. MIL!

Haarrr harr, hardiaharr haarrr (sorry, I lost myself for a minute there!)!
  6. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Sorry, but I couldn't do just one either.

My #1 would be my former rheumy. I wish twice my pain on him.

Unfortunately, the second would be my husband. I just need him to "really" understand, not just say it.

Pam
  7. Toga

Toga Member

She doesn't even remember I'm sick. She is the most spoiled, self-centered person I have ever known. And she is 45 years old and has six brothers and sisters.

She never passes up the opportunity to ream me out for something that my husband has done. They all think I control his every move. (If only that were partially true.)

Can you tell she reamed me out again recently? Hee, hee

She'll never do it again. I don't plan to ever speak to her again, let alone listen to the little brat.

Toga
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jenni:

I would be my ex-husband. I became sick. He said he could not handle it. I said 'Get out'. I could not convince him of the illness and what it meant so I really wanted him out.

nyrofan
  9. shanel06

shanel06 New Member

Honestly ? no one. Tempting as it may be.

First, I'm not sure I hate anyone enough to inflict this on them even for one day LOL

Secondly, one day isn't enough. A week, maybe. a month ? Better. A Year. Yes.

But even then, they'd need it for a year, with little or no hope of recovery and then maybe they'd understand.

Maybe ;)

Shannon L.
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I couldn't wish this on anyone and live with myself.
    Kellyann
  11. TFD

TFD New Member

He really needs to appreciate how I feel, yet never missed a day of work because of it. Maybe a little appreciation????
  12. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i'd pass it on for (at least) a day to an uncaring, ignorant doctor. that ought to do the trick.
  13. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have missed alot of work due to the fibromyalgia, but I always seem to cover all my work plus all the others.
    We were already down three people, which it takes a total of 5 to run our department. We hired two which I have had the pleasure to train. Then the next week they fired the only one that was not training. So now I am covering every spot and trying to train too.

I wish sometimes they would see all I do, and I am sick also. I never get a thank you. So I wish it also on my boss.
  14. dleaning

dleaning New Member

my husband and my neighbors. They all say the same thing, exercise, exercise, exercise...... But, when they get something, omg...the world has come to an end!!!!
  15. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've often wished my ex-husband could feel for a day what one of my bad crashes feels like, when he used to tell me to think more positive or that if I really wanted to do something I could do it, etc.

But one day really isn't quite enough - it's knowing when you go to bed feeling like you've been hit by a truck, that the next day will be no better.

Yes, my ex-husband is first on the list, and next are all the doctors who don't believe CFIDS is real.

Mary
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

My doctor.
  17. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

For over 25 yrs. I have been close friends with a gal in our morning coffee group. She is 56 to my 75. We have loved one another and done for each other all that time.

All of a sudden, she is not speaking to me ~~~~~ all because of this DD. She thinks I overact and i say very little to her about FMS, etc. She does not believe me anyway.

I am sorry -I would like her to feel like I do for one day and realize that i don't sympathize with her at all.

Also, this is sad to say - our lady pastor who is 50. She is a good friend and pal of the above. She never speaks, I ask for prayer - I do not get it from her. She never, never asks how I feel or how some treatment went. She needs to gain some compassion and learn pain.

Luv to those of u who feel our pain.

Joan
  18. fibrofirend44

fibrofirend44 New Member

I want for so many people to experience this!! first of all, and it is going to sound cruel....my 17 year old son who does not care or wish to understand my pain, my husband who totally forgets, my so called friends who are always talking about how all I need is diet and exercise to feel better and please also include my never get old sister-in-law who is size 5, makes lots of money, an exercise and so called healthy food eater, and thinks she is going to live forever...they are soooooo ignorant...Oh how I wish they could feel this for one year...not just a day. and last but not least all the doctors that think that this is all in our heads. people just dont care and dont want to either. i am having a bad flare up day right now. thanks for listening.
    ps...I am sure I forgot many other people I had wish this on!!![This Message was Edited on 06/26/2006]
  19. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I don't really think one day is enough. They would have to KNOW that they were going to have this forever. Most anyone could probably handle it if they knew they would be all better tomorrow.

I would say my DH, but I really think he tries as hard as he can to understand.

My mom,sister, and daughters are all very understanding also and I don't let on how I feel most of the time at work.

I do have the occasional people who are going to "fix" me, but haven't had the horrible experiences so many of you have had.

So, if someone needs my day to give to one of their trouble makers, you can have it!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  20. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I think it would have to be at least a week or month.

I'd give it to my family doc, because I think he needs to really understand what being in chronic pain is like and the fatigue that is involved.

I don't have any siblings and my parents are dead. My husband is an only child too, so we don't have any sibling problems.

Hugs,
    Faye