If you could only take one med for FM/CF/Anx. what would it be?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Nov 13, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

Just courious...
    I am torn between Oxy and Xanax....1/2 of each? LOL
    Warm Fuzzies
  2. achy

achy New Member

Just courious...
    I am torn between Oxy and Xanax....1/2 of each? LOL
    Warm Fuzzies
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Klonopin helps me get good, quality sleep, I awake refreshed, and that allows my body to repair itself while I sleep. It also allows the production of human growth hormone while I sleep.

It has done away with my anxiety/panic attacks and has greatly reduced my sensory overload. For me, it is a miracle drug.

I have to say, though, that without the Guai treatment, I wouldn't be as well off as I am, but if I had to choose just one medication, it would be the Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Med, Xanax, the rest is supplements that I am on.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Vicodin....
    (I don't need to duck, do I, lol)
    Karen
  6. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Quack, Quack.

I was sitting here, trying to figure out just what "one" I would choose. Of course the FIRST thing to come to mind would be a large gin and tonic. BUT, since that's not an option anymore, I would have to agree with Karen. My Vicodin keeps me from really, really, REALLY bad pain.

Now, if I could find something that would help tune out the whines of my son (they're getting louder than mine!) I would probably take that some days. No, just kidding, for all of you who are ready to jump on me. I won't even take anything to help with sleep for fear of not hearing him should he need me. And he's 12!!!

Well, that's my thoughts for the moment.
    Kathy
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

No contest....can't even walk without it, or I fall over.
    Notice how we are all mentioning controlled substances, not the less controversial antidepressants the docs always push at us.
    One of you may be a duck, but IMO, most docs are chickens!
    Klutzo
  8. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

I've been on neurotin for 7 weeks and the bad pain I was in spasms and all are not as bad. LindaGa
  9. teach6

teach6 New Member

It takes four meds just to allow me to sit up and stand during the day. Before I began on them I spent most of my day lying down and a lot of that time I was sleeping. These are all for the NMH which is related to my CFS.

Of course I would still want the combo I take to sleep because lack of sleep was really taking its toll on me. Finally I would need my Ultram for pain. Right now it's not touching it, but usually it does a great job.

I do take supplements also. I'm still very fatigued and have to limit my activity each day or pay the price. Exercise is not an option. I stretch, but that's it. Sitting down and planting a few bulbs on the weekend did me in for the next day.

Barbara
  10. toots2

toots2 New Member

Definitely, trazadone for sleep. Toots
  11. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I need some medication right now. I haven't had insurance for a long time, but KNOW that I need Zanaflex to help my body at night, and hopefully get some sleep.

Mikie, you mentioned Klonopin which I have an interest in as I have anxiety, insomnia, FMS, CFS. My sister-in-law is a nurse and a social worker & has taken numerous day courses regarding fibro. She has also taken numerous courses on medication with the short and long term effects of the medications being the focus. She is really against Klonopin in a big way, which doesn't come to mind right now. Do you know why she would be feeling this way. Of course, she feels that any medication on a regular basis isn't good. She's not sickly at all though & wouldn't understand what we/me are feeling on an everyday basis.

Back to the question. Right now it would be Zanaflex, but if it truly does what Mikie is saying, then I would have to go with Klonopin, because it seems to do alot of good also for someone in my condition. dolsgirl
  12. granmama

granmama New Member

If I had to pick it would be Klonopin for the FM. Calms the nerves and helps the restless legs. BUT, I have the back thing going on, so I have to have my narcotics, LOL.

GENTLE HUGS,
    granmama