If you could order your own blood tests, what would you order?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I would like some input before I go to the Dr.

The last blood work shows signs of Lupus. They will do some further testing to find out more of the type of Lupus.

I also have FM, CFS, Muschuloskeletal and connective tissue disorders. Anxiety that can put me in a major flare, Myofacial Pain.

When I see the Dr. I need to let him know how I have worsen. My Legs are in constant Charlie horses, the muscles twist and turn. Since Oct. I have went from 185 pds to 131pds. I think its IBS.

Also troubles with emptying my bladder. It takes for ever of concentration, few drips, short stream then I am done and still left with full bladder.

I cant eat solid foods as when I try to eat a piece of steak, in very small pieces, chewed down to nothing, when I go to swallow it wont go down and I choke.

I am using my cane 80% of the day. My husband now has too pull my legs to the side of the bed in middle of night because I am too weak to do it on my own.

Ever other day when I flare up in my legs my feet wont lay flat and flip to the top side of my feet so I am unable to walk at all.

My shakes have worsen to like I have a tick problem. My head twitches, my shoulder will jolt for no reason, I fling my arms out like I am trying to snap my elbow, and when sitting my feet will kick out unexpected.

I haven't seen my pain mng Dr. in 3 months. So I have allot to report.

I personally want an mri because my left leg would have pins and middles, now there is no pins and needles and they are just numb with burning feelings.

Back in 1999 I had cervical disc surgery with a plate screwed and fusion.

I also think I should ask for a neurologist for the twitches. Dr. already said I have RLS.

So, if you were me, do you know what type of blood test I can request or make sure the Dr. is ordering all the tests I should have.

I know this was a long post and I truly appreciate you taking the time to read it and I am looking forward towards feedback.

Thank you in advance and God Bless,
    Cindy
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I don't know much about fibro or lupus, and so am afraid I cannot help you with regard to suggesting tests.

However, I wanted to say that I'm sorry that you're going through such a difficult time and that I hope that you are able to fix at least part of what's wrong.
  3. yesnettv

yesnettv New Member

You can order your own tests at directlabs.com
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

sorry, I was looking at some of your symptoms, so I bumped this back up for you to see.

I had very severe charley horses, and high ANA (looking like Lupus) when my Celiac's was going undiagnosed. Have them check for this, also. I suffered needlessly for 9 years, lost a TON of weight and almost died before anyone figured it out.

Best of luck,
    Bunny
  5. Didoe

Didoe New Member

sorry, i'm deleting with apologies because i didnt read the entire post prior to responding.

[This Message was Edited on 04/05/2007]