if you could rent a bilboard for cfs, what would it say?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bakeman, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bakeman

bakeman New Member

sometimes i think about renting a billboard to generate interest and to reach out to people who might have cfs but have not been diagnosed. i figure we have strength in numbers and the more people who get properly diagnosed, the better off our cause would be. any ideas?

something like: if you feel like hell, you may have cfs.

ps- if i get a really good idea i may do it.

bake
    [This Message was Edited on 01/17/2009]
  2. equanimous

equanimous New Member

Help! I've Fallen Asleep and I Can't Get Up

Sorry, that's the best I could do at 11:30 at night. Need to get some shuteye myself.

~Liz
  3. bakeman

bakeman New Member

haha, i think life-alert already has the rights to that line.
  4. bakeman

bakeman New Member

good point, i would need a website or something, NOT Wikipedia.

maybe i'll just climb the golden gate bridge and drop a banner w/ a slogan like: cfs is real. no i probably won't do that, i just get so pissed that not enough is being done to help our cause. sometimes i want to drive around to all of the psychiatrist offices and leaving cfids brochures in the waiting rooms. anyone else have these thoughts or am i just nuts, no don't answer that

bake

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Bakeman,Good idea.

Equanimous, I had thought of one similar to yours. Great minds think alike, eh?

However, I wonder if ads on TV are the way to go even if it is not practical.

Keep on thinking!!

gap
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I really like this: "Feel like hell and doctors don't have a clue? You may have CFS."

tee

7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

How about......

Feel like you're half dead???

Don't have an ounce of energy???

Is your life controlled by fatigue???

I could probably think up a million of these, not necessarily suitable for a billboard! Good idea though.....Hermit
  8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I also like the flu comparison....though feeling like hell is certainly an apt description, it is a bit too general and could refer to a lot of different illnesses and emotions...plus I have heard way too many people try to say that we are just exaggerating, whining, complaining, etc....and using the word hell could feed that line of thought....the billboard is a good idea,though
  9. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

I like the flu comparison too, but for those who have had mono, the comparison with mono is even better. In fact, my CFS started with mono.

Here's another one I saw recently:

"My disabling chronic condition is more real than your imaginary medical expertise".
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Good one, Smurfette!

Forebearance