IF YOU DON'T EVER HAVE A BULLS EYE RASH YOU DON'T HAVE LYME??????

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by momof27, May 28, 2008.

1. momof27

momof27 New Member

JUST STARTING TO WONDER ABOUT MY ILLNESS I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE FM CFS/ME BUT I READ ALOT AND AM WONDERING I'M SO SICK AND CAN'T USE MY LIMBS THEY ARE TO HEAVY

ONE MORE QUESTION PLEASE, DO FLEES CAUSE LYME OR JUST TICKS?
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2008]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

and no, you don't have to have a bulls eye rash, it's estimated that maybe 50% do ... plus, there are atypical rashes that don't look like the 'classic'; also perhaps it is somewhere you don't see it easily (like on your scalp). My son had all 5 bands positive required by CDC for official tracking purposes, and we/he never saw a rash of any kind.

Lyme is only one of many stealth pathogens transmitted by ticks - mycoplasma, ehrlichiosis, babesia, tularemia, and bartonella are just a few others. Unfortunately testing for these is even less reliable. Fortunately, many of the abx do kill more than one organism.

I was amazed/surprised to see this last Sunday's Parade magazine actually give this info in the Sunday paper, plus the fact that abouT 95% of vector-born infections are due to ticks. (The others are mosquitos in particular, think West Nile Virus, which only accounts for 2% of infections that are transmitted by insects).

all the best,
    Victoria

3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

None of us in my family had a rash, and we are all positive, my daughter even CDC positive, and she has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever as well. None of this has ever shown in "classic" symptoms!

Just bad memory, joint pain, exhaustion mostly.

My daughter is even a gifted athlete that got a full ride scholarship.

I an tell you that my kids were NEVER bitten by a "classic" tick~ I never pulled one off of them. Heck, I never even let them get a sunburn in their lives!

So, exactly how we got this is a mystery, but I can tell you that we do, and we are sick.

According to many that study Lyme, mosquitoes, chiggers, fleas, spiders, etc. have all been found to be carriers.
    The nymph stage of the tick, which is how most ppl get Lyme, is the size of the period at the end of this sentence. <<< You would never even know. I probably thought it was dirt.

All you can do, is get the RIGHT test to try to rule this stuff out. It is treatable~ That's the good news!!!

I'm happy that you are taking a stand and questioning WHAT it is that is making you sick. Just b/c they haven't found it yet, doesn't mean it isn't there. You just have to insist on some things, and take charge.

It's hard when you feel so bad, I know.

Bunny
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2008]
  4. momof27

momof27 New Member

I HAVE SURE HAD ALOT OF BITES. THE YEAR MINE TURNED THE WORST ,I HAD A STIFF NECK WHERE I COULDN'T PICK MY HEAD UP OFF THE PILLOW FOR TWO WEEKS
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

sure hope you get checked by a LLMD... go to my post about protocols and sites, there's info there on how to find a good LLMD...

all the best,
    Victoria