If You Encounter Price Gouging...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

File a complaint. It may not help but it will make you feel better. I just filed one electronically against Shell Oil Company. The gas station where I buy my gas has not had a gas delivery since Tues. Yesterday, the gas was $.20 a gallon cheaper than it is today. It is considered price gouging to increase the price of gas which has already been delivered. Gas companies do this all the time. No wonder they have such high profits. They are preying on consumers because of the hurricane tragedy.

I went online and searched for Price Gouging. I found the website to complain in FL. You have to find the one for your state. If enough people complain, perhaps action will be taken. These companies need to be substantially fined for each incident or we will continue to contribute to their profits each time a tragedy occurs. I guess they are not satisfied with the huge govt. handout from the recently passed Transportation Bill. Both parties passed this bill which was filled with pork for those willing to go along with it. This at a time of record spending deficits.

Love, Mikie
  2. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

I agree. We live in a rural area of central Illinois. The small town where my husband works ups the price of their gas every Friday. There are alot of factory workers in this area and it seems they do this on pay day. Also the gas stations are owned by one person except for one indepedent who trys to be fair. This is just horrible and to see it happening all over and at such a devestating time.

Thanks for the info.

Lil
  3. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Mikie, good, idea, also I was thinking if the majority of everyone in the country would boycott a certain gas company for one month, then target another one the next month, maybe they would get the message.

Sbilek
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is that you would only want to do it to company owned stations. It is Shell who sets the price for all the Shell stations, those owned by individuals and those owned by the company. We wouldn't want to hurt a small business man or woman who doesn't control the pricing.

I have read that the govt. is looking into gas price gouging. Yeah, right!

Love, Mikie
  5. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Thanks Mikie. i will do this. On Wednesday teh gas was 289.00 when I went into the grocery store. 45 minutes later on my way home it went up to $3.09. Last night it was $3.49. I agree they are preying on consumers. With so much going on ansd watching how things are handeled it is scary. Americans are in real trouble and no one is waking up.