If you had one day to do whatever you wanted.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

What would it be. I say how between the house, work and the kids, I need a break (who doesn't) we seem to "lose ourselves" as we get so wrapped up in the day to day life.

I am thinking about taking a retreat... maybe 2 days to myslef, if possible. Problem is, I always want this time, but what would I do. I want to "find myslef" again. Not sure what would make me happy.

I love crafts... maybe scrapbooking or something or some other craft that I could start and finish in a weekend. Even when I get a babysitter, I feel like I need to clean my house or organize. I just do not know what to do for MYSELF.

Does anyone know what they would do for THEMSELVES if they had a couple days alone?? Don't know what I did without my kids.... I am boring now I guess.

Could you find yourself again?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

If we're talking magic wishes, I would be giving a speech about how I was instantly and painlessly cured of all my ailments.

And I'd tell everybody how it can be done at home w/ no trouble or expense.

If we are talking about going back in time, I'd spend a Saturday w/ my son when he was little. Going to the park, seeing a movie, etc.
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Or good afternoon over there in Maryland. :) I am taking a day to myself with girlfriends on Feb. 3rd. I am really looking forward to it. One of my best friends (I have known since I was 6) is having a birthday. We are going to one of the spas at the South Coast Winery here in Temecula. We are going to lounge there all day, have pedicures or massages, lunch and champagne. I rarely get to spend all day with my girlfriends, so this will be a treat!

Now, when I have a couple of days, I want to take the gift certificate that my husband and I got for our anniversary. It is to go spend the night at a really gorgeous hotel on Coronado Island (off the coast of San Diego). I want to pay for another day or two, when it gets warmer, and go relax there. My husband proposed to me on the beach at Coronado Island, it was very romantic.

Hope your day is going well, meet you on the other thread later! Kim :)
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

rock... great wish... both the magic one and the memorable one. Wish we could have magic... you could tell all ofus how to fix ourselves right up!

Kim ... sounds like a day I need to plan... can just imagine it! How romantic about the proposal... much better than mine at a restaurant..OL. Like yours better.

Anyone else?? Alot of us complain all of the time about "not having time" just wondering what you would do if you were given some....

5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

SOunds like a good one "he cannot ask me how to turn the oven on", etc. HE HE LOL. I am sooooooo with ya! "where is this, where is that?" Duhhhhhh.... "can you please just LOOK before asking??" Just a natural response I guess. Too funny.

Yes, a day to have him take over would be WONDERFUL... and with NO QUESTIONS asked.... pllllleeeeeasssse!

Glad you were a Marylander... We do love it here... been here all my life. Awwww... thanks for the compliment... those are my rugrats! he he.

6. caffey

caffey New Member

I would take all my docs and people who have stood with me and helped me through this dd to the fanciest resort in the warmest climate and eat everything except seafood and let people just wait on me but not hover. I would probably be bored after 1/2hr. lol.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

My youngest Daughters name is Kym too! with a y though we call Kymiee~~~~Kymbo~~~~Kymberlie Jean is the real name But now i'm going to call her Kimba! It's a New one for Her! lollol!

Oh yes Back to the topic at hand~~~ I would get on a plane and fly down to Mexico or CA. or Flordia anywhere warmer than Montana! lollol! Then when i Got there i would find one of thoes spas and get the whole nine yards of treatment they can give you in one day!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Then i would Stop at a really nice SeaFood Resturant and eat alot of Crablegs! Get Back on the plane and fly Home with Dessert waiting for me at Home! Lollol!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Don't mean to sound selfish but i think it's a really good thing to Take as much (Me) time as possible ! My Kids are grown and gone now, But if i still Had little ones i would Definatly take a (Me) Day as often as i could!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,S,,,,,,,,Nice picture of you and your Kids!
  8. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I have it all planned out! just need some money. I would like nothing more than to go to Banff Alberta & stay at one of the castle like hotels in the rocky mountains. I heard one has a spa there. I would allow myself to be extremely pampered for 4-7 days....I'd love to enjoy a dogsled ride as well. Not too much to ask considering I care for 4 young kids while dealing with an incredibly bad flare. Take Care Laura