If you have fibro has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Sep 24, 2003.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

About three weeks ago I woke up from a nap and I was so dizzy. My eyes wouldn't focus. The brain fog was horrible. I couldn't walk straight. Ever since then I've had headaches everyday. The dr gave me a patch for behind my ear for motion sickness. It helped the dizziness, but not the headache. Next week I go to Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Ore. If any of you have had this happen please answer me so I can tell the drs up there that there are others out there,too with this wierd stuff.
    Carol
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Carol:

Sorry to hear you are feeling so badly right now, I have had the dizziness occasionally nd the fibro fog or fatigue but not a headache that doesn't ease up. Did your doctor run any tests due to the nature of the headaches. If they don't ease up I would contact him again. Don't wait for your appt at the university unless you already know its not serious. Keep us posted and I will send postive thought your way . Softest of Hugs,

Suz
  3. FMSSUE

FMSSUE New Member

I have experienced the same problem. I can be perfectly fine one minute and so dizzy the next minute, I almost pass out. This can last from a few minutes to a couple of hours. My vision gets really strange. I have had FM for 2 years now.
  4. DarleneWSerrano

DarleneWSerrano New Member

Have an MRI done... Demand one. It sounds like TIA's. They normally signal the oncome of a serious stroke or worst. I had a similar incident and it turned out to be TIA. My condition worsen after that. Let's just say it accelerated my FMS/CFS by 100%.
  5. goosedog

goosedog New Member

Carol,
    Is FM your only problem? Have you been checked for Multiple Chemical Sensitivities at all? If not maybe you should check into this.
    Goosedog
  6. jmaxjmax

jmaxjmax New Member

Just posted this in another thread. It applies here too I guess.

seasick

I get where I feel seasick and cannot eat much without it coming back up. Sometimes this can last up to a week. Just finished one of those a few days ago.
  7. dizzymindy67

dizzymindy67 Guest

hi ive woken up a few times and my one eye will not focus. it looks like everything is way far away. but my other eye is ok, the few times it happened.it scares me and i had a really bad panic attack over it last time cuz it lasted for like 2 hrs. and everything i looked at it, was off. i dread it ever happening again!!! thanks dizzy
  8. dizzymindy67

dizzymindy67 Guest

hi ive woken up a few times and my one eye will not focus. it looks like everything is way far away. but my other eye is ok, the few times it happened.it scares me and i had a really bad panic attack over it last time cuz it lasted for like 2 hrs. and everything i looked at it, was off. i dread it ever happening again!!! thanks dizzy hi to everyone form OREGON!!
  9. bigbrowneyesnice

bigbrowneyesnice New Member

Carol,
    I have the same problems. I get up in the morning and just having to move my eyes makes me sick. I do not have to vomit but I sure feel like it. i don't have this all the time, it comes for a few days and goes away untill next time. I also have a very heavy feeling around my eyes. Hard to describe, it is especially on the top of my eyes.
    Funny to read that others have that problem too. I went to so many doctors just because of what I thought is motionsickness.
    Anita

[ advertisement ]