If you have gained weight from this dd please read this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Apr 14, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi....I have seen so many posts about people here that have gained weight from this dd from one or another reason rather it be sedate lifestyle medications etc......

So because I really care about all of you and want to give back to what you give to me I thought it would be nice to start a SOMERSIZING post over on the chit chat board.....

For those of you who do not know what somersizing is it is Suzanne Somers eating plan...it is not a diet!

You never have to go hungry on this eating plan.....it promotes eating healthy and although it is similar to the atkins it is really very different.....

for example the atkins diet is mostly eating meat and cheese IMO and SOMERSIZING is more about eliminating sugar, starches and learning the importance of combining the right foods at the right times....

SOMERSIZING definately promotes a healthy and balanced eating regimine.....I think you will agree:)

I started out just taking green tea capsules as some of you already know....but decided to combine SOMERSIZING as I also have medication and hormone issues that make it almost impossible to lose no matter what.................

but guess what,? Iam losing ...my pants are much looser than two weeks ago.

When I was using just the green tea capsules I already noticed a difference but combining this is really made a big and noticeable difference!

AND Iam eating much more than I was .....hard to believe but just wanted to encourage those of you who are interested or really want to try to lose weight to come on over and take a look .....give it a try.....it does not cost you anything ....to look!!!!!!

I would suggest checking one of her books from your library to help you understand all of the hard work, effort and research Suzanne has done to put this all together....................

....if you read her book it all makes sense how this works! but you don't have to.....there are a few of us who have the books and we will look things up if you have questions and we do not know the answers....

I would just love it if I knew that working together helped many of you to lose the weight you have been struggling with.....

so if your interested come on over, I posted lists this weekend of all the catagories ( list of foods we can eat), from "SLIM and SEXY FOREVER"..Suzanne's latest book :)

Let me know what you think:)

[This Message was Edited on 04/15/2008]
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

...may I give a suggestion that has helped me lose 25lbs? I started taking probiotics, and the wight just came off; no change in diet, and I couldn't exercise more because of CFS/FMS.

I have noticed many other benefits of probiotics, also, including:

-better quality of sleeep

-less trouble with acid reflux

-I don't get that starving feeling three hours after I eat, and can actually wait for five hours until the next meal

-I have MUCH LESS cravings for sweets and foods that are bad for me

-I desire more healthy veggies and fruits more than I used to

I must have a problem with candida yeast, because I noticed a BIG difference, a big improvement, with probiotics.

Hope this helps someone! Thanks for the info on Sommersizing, and I hope I didn't sabatoge this post... Let me know if I was inappropriate. I just wanted to share what has helped me with weightloss...

God bless!

3. Tawra

Tawra New Member

I had heard such rave reviews about them that I read 2 or 3 of them.

The problem is the diet is so crazy that my brain was spinning just trying to figure out what combinations I was supposed to try.

So...just exactly what do you eat? I would love to try but just couldn't get it wrapped around my brain. :)

4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I have posted all of the foods lists that you can eat over on the chit chat board...but if you REALLY want to do this I promise to help you in any way I can!

Because it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

The programs works like this.....if you eat ANY foods that have PROTEIN/FATS in them you must wait THREE hours if you want to eat anything with CARBOS in it.and vise versa!

Once you print out the list of foods you CAN have and understand the foods you CANNOT have the rest is fairly easy....

I will try to help you by giving you a few examples ok:)

Lets say for breakfast you want to have eggs and bacon....that would be a protein/fats meal....

now lets say that for lunch you want to have a CARBOS meal which could be whole wheat noodles with sugar free spaghetti sauce you just have to make sure that the time between breakfast and lunch three hours has passed.

Now besides that the only thing you need to do is understand that fruit is not a carbo or a protein/fats so you must eat them alone!

The rule for fruit is to eat it on an empty tummy....and that means you have to wait two hours after any food meal CARB OR PROTEIN FATS if you eat fruit like I do first thing in the morning you must wait 20 minutes before you eat carbos and one hour if you are going to eat PROTEIN/FATS...

In Suzanne books she has a "reference guide" that is simplified and I can post that if you would like me to...just let me know.....once you do understand it is really very easy and like I said it WORKS!

Iam here for you if you need me to help you:)

Really besides that all you have to learn is what foods you have to STOP eating...............................

anything with SUGAR, STARCHES,

5. Springfling

Springfling New Member

May I ask what Probiotics is? I searched on ebay and came up with 347 items, but they were all kinds of different things.

I was just wandering how they worked and if they are pills and how often/many you take.

Thanks for any info!
  6. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Probiotics are basically good bacteria for your stomach, which aids in digestion and has many other health benefits. You can find them in any health food store. The ones that are refrigerated are considered the best. The higher the amount (in the millions) the better in each capsule. My husband and I take 1 with every meal. We used to both have severe esophagitis and GERD and had to be on medication for it. We now have been off our meds for over a year, with no more stomoach pain.
    Also, if you are on any antibiotics you should definitely take probiotics, because the antibiotics have a tendency to take away good bacteria also. You need to keep a healthy balance of good bacteria in your stomach to help break down your food and keep your stomach lining healthy.
    Read about this in any probiotic website. They really truly work.
  7. leenieagogo

leenieagogo New Member

I was on the program once before for 2 years. I am now back on it but really want to make this a way of eating for life. I am confused about some of the labeling. I bought some Salami at Costco. The nutritional information says it has no sugar. The ingredients list sugar as the third item. I also looked at Bologna in the store today. It also has sugar. I am just wondering if you know of some brands that are safe for this program. I would aplpreciate any help you can give me. Blessings, Leenie