If you have had lyme a long time is it progressive?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by sorekitty, May 31, 2007.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Is it fatal or do you just get worse and worse? I just put another post about testing. I am dx with fibro and CFS and just wondering because I lived in Massachusetts about 15 years ago. My dr says you can get lyme right here in CA. But if I have had this for a long time will I just continue to go downhill?

2. victoria

victoria New Member

It seems to depend on where you're genetically susceptible and how fast it progresses, and all of this seems to vary all over the board, so itdoesn't seem to be very predictable per individual.

While it has been cited as a contributory cause of death in people, they don't often (if ever (?) cite it as a primary cause.

Have you been tested and/or probably more importantly, evaluated on your clinical picture and given a trial of abx to see what happens?

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 05/31/2007]
  3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

the whole process. I have not had a test nor abx yet. Twinofdar congrats on getting well. Sounds like quite an ordeal but to have a dx and treatment is great. It's hard to understand why doctors haven't thought to test me before.

4. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

I haven't been healthy most of my life. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in the eighties. Then was tested for Lyme last year and it came back positive. Mine has progressively gotten worse. I am taking Bicillin injections at the present time.
    Good luck to you.
    Lynda