if you have IBS and fibro or RA, etc...gluten?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueeyedgrl73, Oct 22, 2009.

1. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

There could be a link. If you have a gluten allergy or intolerance you may be experiencing IBS symptoms, mental fog, fatigue, muscle pain, etc. I have RA and I have been gluten free for about a week and I feel better than I have in a long time. I am still learning about what foods and products contain gluten so I may be getting gluten without knowing it. I have also lost 7 pounds!!!!!!!! woohoo!!!!!!!! a gluten intolerance or allergy can make people constantly crave food.

I read an interview Elisabeth Hasselbeck did and she stated she had horrible cramping and diarrhea and she hurt all over and could only get out of bed to go to the bathroom with those horrible abdominal pains. She had horrible fatigue along with the body aches. Finally, she was diagnosed.. She stated that there are no drugs to treat this (as diet changes alone do) so there is no big advertisements about gluten intolerance.

This is just something to consider. I know I will continue to follow this diet as my fatigue has almost completely gone. Best of luck! :) blue