If you take Lyrica, what dose gave you pain relief?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Jul 6, 2006.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

My doctor started me on 25 mgs. once a day for a week, then twice a day for a week, then 3 a day for a week.

I've heard that it takes a much higher dose for pain relief.

What dose are you taking? Are you getting pain relief, and how long did it take for you to notice pain relief. And finally, are you having any side effects?

Thanks so much for your reply.

abbylee
  2. marw

marw New Member

Hi Abbeyee.

Something seems to be wrong with the boards. I answered your post, then it posted twice. When I tried to delete one of them it keeps giving me an advertisement for Pro Health. Now it has delteted both my messages!! GRRR!

Anyway, I will try to remember what I said and post again. I too have the same question as you do. I have been prescribed Lyrica at 50 mm 3 times a day, but I think it is too high and I want to start off slowly like you are. I have a lot of reactions to drugs.

Probably a lot of people will answer your post (if the Board is working right!), but meantime you can type Lyrica into the Seach function above and find out past replies to inquiries about Lyrica. I did this once before so I know there are a lot, but I do not remember just now what they said.

Let me know what happens when you take it and I will too. I am having peridontal surgery next week, so I will not be trying mine until after then.

Good luck.

Margaret
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Thanks for your reply. I only see one of them, so maybe the board is OK. I get drowsy the way I'm taking it so I'll probably sleep all day as the doses go up.

I've not had any pain relief so far, but maybe soon. Please keep me posted on how you're doing.

Good luck with your surgery!

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/06/2006]
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I haven't started taking Lyrica yet. To be truthful, I'm kinda freaking out because people keep mentioning lots of weight gain with Lyrica. I asked my doctor about that and she verified that some of her patients do gain weight with Lyrica.

My doctor also said that research shows that 450mg is a good dose for pain relief.

Hope this helps.

Lolalee
  5. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

havent filled it yet, last time i tried it at 50mg i was so tired, being i am already struggling to function sometimes due to exhastion i dont want to take things that add to it. he gave me 25mg. i will try it maybe one day
  6. barbarak

barbarak New Member

when I had my nerve block done the dr. put me on 50 am 50 pm. went to rumy he doubled it. It help but not quit there yet. nothing seems to make me sleepy or sleep either.