If you want a laugh READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Jun 19, 2006.

1. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

Last night I had an attack of sciatica, so I went to the family room and sat in my old lazy boy recliner. After taking a couple vicodin I fell asleep.

All of a sudden the recliner flipped back and I fell. Now you must try to see this.... The foot part of the reliner was facing the ceiling and I was laying on my neck with legs up.

I thought what the heck happened, I thought of calling my husband but he would never hear me. Then I thought I'd better get off my neck before it breaks and I die and my husband would find me and say what the h-ll happened to her.

After about 20 minutes I finally managed to get myself up, I wonder how sore I will be tomorrow. I also thank God no one say me.
    Granny
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I laughed, but then felt bad for laughing!

I love America's funniest Videos! Laugh myself silly at the strange, and sometimes very dangerous things people do!

I hope you won't feel too banged up for too long. What did your hubby say when you told him?

You're one dangerous granny!

Heal quickly, both the muscles and the pride, lol...

findmind
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

classic :)

thanks for the visual -- funny!! (to us here anyway :)

scapper
  4. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

just laughed with me, asked me if I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place. This is a very old recliner and my sister said that is probally why they don't make them recline as far anymore, I think she is right. I'll let you know if I am hurtin worse tomorrow.

Granny
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hope you are doing better...maybe you need to nail the lazy-boy to the floor so it doesn't flip on you again...

no more amusement rides for you granny

jodie
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

When they were younger, my two daughters used to sit together in it and rock it back and forth to make it tip over ON PURPOSE. They thought that was great fun.

My mother also tipped herself over in it. NOT on purpose.

This lazy boy has been in my family for a long time. It belonged to my Dad. He had arthritis flares from time to time and he said it was the only way he could get comfortable.

When I'm achy I sit or sleep in it. It has the footrest that swings out. One of my dogs crawled under there and I didn't know it. when I went to put the footrest down there was resistance and a loud yelp. He was squashed under there. the poor thing. No permanent damage done. Now I check before i do that. never know which furkid might be lurking there.

Glad to hear you're ok though.

Michelle